43. Redemption Reception

@WhisperingEclipse15 came up with Katt for kuronxmatt (i haven't seen much fanart at all for them) and i love it so^^ <33

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5f/a4/d5/5fa4d5e0cadc34f611edb9f64ebe0b0d.jpg

Lance

"There he is!"

Adam met me with open arms at the reception, hugging me tightly, decked out in his suit and tie, looking cool and fancy at the same time.

"Look at you," Adam said warmly, clasping my shoulders, "All grown up." I smiled up at him, about to reply, when Matt interrupted with a giant bear hug, jumping up and down like a little kid.

"My little brother!" he crowed, ruffling my hair obnoxiously.

"Matt!" I yelped, desperately trying to flatten down my hair after Romelle had spent so much time combing it.

"Stop fussing, bro, you look awesome," Matt grinned, flicking my flower-filled halo.

"Was I okay up there? Was I smiling too much?" I asked. The ceremony had been better than I could have ever imagined, but it felt more like a wedding than anything. I was thoroughly reminded by Mom that it wasn't, but it had an eerily similar feel to it. Not that I minded, necessarily... It just felt really intense.

"No, don't worry," Adam comforted, "You looked radiant."

"Yeah, those wings were intense," Matt commented. I smiled, missing the feel of my feathers at my back. For the ceremony, the devils and angels had been asked to keep their tails and wings retracted respectively, but now that I didn't feel the weight of my wings behind me, I felt naked.

And, speak of the devil (literally), there was a sudden clamor behind us, and I, as well as all of the other guests in the reception tent, turned to see Shiro and Kuron, the Twins that I'd only ever seen twice before, carrying Keith up above their heads, shouting and laughing as Keith had an amusingly terrified expression on his face.

The Twins wore black suits like Mister and the rest of the Blade, with shining gold ties. Their tails, identical to the one Keith had, slithered and swung behind them (oblivious to the request to keep them retracted), and their horns protruded from their foreheads a few inches tall. They laughed obnoxiously as they set Keith down, pushing him around and poking him.

I cleared my throat, smiling at Keith, and the three devils turned to look at me. Immediately, Adam and Matt stiffened visibly. The Twin's tails simultaneously straightened with a surprisingly loud snap! and their smiles dropped. I felt Adam's hand on my shoulder grow tight.

Keith looked to his brother's in confusion before a look of realization washed over him. The room was silent. I panicked and awkwardly started talking, desperate to release the tension between the Twins and my brothers.

"Keith, why don't you come over here. I want you to meet my brothers." Keith's sharp eyes were bright with anxiety, but I calmed my own face, smiling a little to encourage him. Keith walked forward slowly, the Twins following him, a step behind. When Keith reached me, I smiled confidently.

Trust me.

"Adam, Matt, this is Keith, as you know, and his two brothers, Shiro and Kuron." I watched all of their expressions carefully. The Twin shot each other nervous glances, looking anywhere other than my brothers.

Adam, the lifesaver, was the one to react first. He held a hand out to Shiro, warm and inviting. His halo spun wildly, the opposite of his calm demeanor. The white-haired twin looked from Adam's hand to his face and back again before reaching out as well and clasping his hand. A bolt of electricity shot out from Adam's halo, hitting the ground with a crackle.