|13|

She glanced at her watch and groaned.
One hour left for this lecture to be over.

She opened her phone and scrolled to the gallery widget just to pass time. She went through the pictures and stopped glared at one.

The one they took with Ruby.

Its been three days she has been avoiding her and as much as Janice is fighting her ego, she knows well enough she has to explain herself and not let Ruby conclude her own imaginations about the case.

After debating with herself, she made a decision. She later shoved her phone back to her pocket and focused on the lecture.

Later at lunch hours, Janice walked by the cafeteria and spotted Ruby and Laura seated at the corner.
She collected all her courage and walked to where they were.

"Just give me three minutes to explain myself. If you still want to ignore me its fine but at least i deserve to have my say on my action."
Janice feebly pleaded still fixed at Ruby who was focused on her phone.

They didn't respond back so Janice continued.

"I was at the library reading late night that day. On my way out at the hallway, i saw him at the garden with a vest talking to someone; a female. That caught my attention and i didn't hesitate to stalk them for a while then i saw him lower his head and i captured the kiss. I wanted to tell you but the next day you told us he had called you and wanted to explain himself to you so i figured he might mention about it to you so i gave you the psych to meet him. You did mention he talked on the phone like he was drunk so i didn't want to rush and judge him maybe he didn't mean to. Am sorry."

She closed her eyes and breathed out. She turned to walk away but Ruby stopped her.

"I overreacted, i know you didn't have bad intentions. You wanted to help out. Am sorry too."
Ruby admitted.

"Am so sorry Janice. I should have heard what you wanted to tell me instead of ignoring you."
Laura apologised.

"Oh come here guys."
Janice draw them into a hug as a tear of joy dropped on her now pink blushes on her cheeks. 

"Three chicken nuggets and fries on me."
Ruby ordered.

"Haha trying to make us fat, huh?"
Laura chuckles.

"And I'll take your chicken nuggets if that's the case." Janice smirks at Laura.

"Whoa! Not so fast human." Laura protested.
They all laughed.

Everything was back to the usual but something kept bothering Janice that she felt to let it out but it seemed like a wrong timing to bring it up so she shoved it aside.

"Joston Black lit the night. Never will i forget."
Laura stated.

"Missed the event. Next time it would be a double check."
Ruby chuckles lightly.

They looked at Janice waiting for her to speak on how she spent the night.

I drank myself to death and the nerd with baby hair was my saviour, AGAIN.
She swallowed a lump before smirking.

"I just stayed indoors, next time it would be a triple check for me."
She lied.

They changed the topic to shopping and Janice deeply thanked they changed it. She wasn't ready to tell them about her encounter with the nerd; not yet.

After they were done, Laura left for her afternoon class. They walked heading back home when Janice broke the silence.
"So you guys didn't break up, right?"

"I forwarded him the picture and he started to bubble some excuses and i just chose to forgive him and forget."
Ruby explains still smiling.

"Wow! Wish i had such a tender heart."
Janice smiled back.

"You do have. You're just stubborn as hell that's all."

"I will take that as a compliment woman."
Janice chuckles.

×××××××

"Are you tripping?"
Tyler asks Neal in a chuckle.

"What? Heck no. What makes you ask that?"
Neal snapped from him.

"Clearly you haven't heard what i was telling you minutes ago."

"Yeah. I have a lot in my mind. Have to head to the library, catch up later."
He picked his backpack.

"Sure genius."
Tyler winks at him.

I know Neal too well not to push him to share his issues with me. He'll just come around when he's ready as he always does.
Tyler warmly smiled as he continued with his meal at the cafeteria.

He took his phone out and scrolled to the messages. He reread the sexting messages they had with Elaine last night and smirked.

Neal walks to the library and settled at an empty chair on a full table occupied. He continued with his study without looking who were seated near him.

"Hey, can you help me with your pen? Mine has boiled."
Kayla whispered close to his ear.

He turned his head and faced her. Is as if everything was time frozen for her talking to him again was the last thing he ever thought it would happen.

"You okay?"
She smoothly whispered to him concerned.

He snapped out of his meditation and adjusted his glasses.
"Yes, sorry about that. Here."
He handed her his pen that he was using to write with.

"Thanks."
She giggles before taking it from his palm.

Shit! Now i don't have a pen to use. Am such a weirdo.
He cursed as he crossed his fingers hoping he finds another one inside his books.
Luckily fate was his side.

After trying to capture anything, he woke up from his seat and headed to the storybooks shelf. He grabbed a gothic novel from and went back to his seat.

Kayla was gone. He somehow no reason let out a relief but saw a note on top of the pen he had lent her to use.

What would your crush possibly tell you in a note? Maybe a thanks for the help.
With that self uplift, he opened it.

+254 4323 7264

I know you've been wanting to ask for it. Thanks for the pen ;)
K.

Sweet mother Mary, did she just?

wynnemsorh