|5|

This is nuts. Why the heck would they do this to me?
Janice silently grieves as she took her time to process the best strategy to get this whole thing over with.

Steadily she adjusted the coat, which thanks to the nerd, i got to keep it. Am sure he enjoyed seeing me in it.
She smirks as she walks to the target.

"Hey, do you mind?"
Janice innocently asks as she is in front of Neal who is seated at the bench.

"What do want now?"
He scoffs keeping in mind how fucking annoying she is.

"I take that as a yes."
She sheepishly invites herself to sit next to him.

"Do you like me?"
She carefully asks in a more serious tone as she maintains the eye contact.

He cringed.
Probably not what he expected to bubble up out of her annoying mouth.
He adjusted his glasses as he composed himself.

"Are you here to really ask that or is it that you're on a game and am mixed up in between it?"
He confidently utters back as he is sure he read the signs well enough.

He could feel several eyes on him. He looked at the far side and noticed one of her groupies focusing on him as Janice talked to him. Thanks to his glasses. Plus Janice seems more intensely determined to achieve something from her tone.
So yes. He had read the signs right.

The shocked look she gives him is totally a valid proof. But she manages to hide the shock and twisted it to a new motive.

"You really are good. Okay let me get this clear enough, i have been dared to approach you and make you livid and walk out on me. So can you manage a little act?"
Janice points out detail by details making sure he gets how this is very important.

"Bossy much?"
A smirk formed on his face pretending not getting what her game with him is.

Why would she waste time on an outcast like me?!

"Just do it," she paused breathing out the anger she is feeling having to beg for him to tag along, "please."

"Okay. On one condition. You slap me."
He states in the deeper bass voice.

She raised him a confused look but he just nodded.

Whatever he is up to, its on me and him alone. To be honest i can't possibly not accept the golden opportunity laid on my table.
She thought to herself.

She immediately wore the devilish smile. Neal stood and she flowed with his moves. She slapped him hot enough she saw his pupils darken.

He picked his backpack and walked off. She took the time to absorb what the heck happened before walking back to her spy friends.

"Lol, i wish i had recorded the slap."
Ruby squealed.

"You one awesome bitch. Wasn't expecting such a scene. You've passed."
Laura smiles as she walked towards Janice.

"I told you guys. I never fail."
Janice cheeked in victory but later swallowed hard the lump she had from the thought that she failed miserably and the nerd helped her out amazingly.

I still don't like him. He's so not my thing so i will just accept that just did happen. On my favour.
Janice shoved off the thought on Neal that was at the back of her mind.

*********

"Man i came back and didn't find you. Where did you run off to?"
Tyler questioned confused Neal  left the park without waiting on him.

"Sorry. Had to use the washrooms. So are you off to your 'thing'?"
He debated and opted not to tell him of the weird scene that was with him and the crazy girl.

Manly confessions aren't best uttered out especially when there's no solid fact on any mature thing in it.
Neal convinces himself as he looks around for the game pads.

"Apparently yes. Catch up later."
Tyler sprayed himself the mint cologne and leaves off from Neal's house.

Fuck dates.
Tyler you really are something.
Neal shook his head as he falls himself on the couch.

Since its already late, he ordered pizza at his place.
After a short shower, he changed into pajamas and set on to his study table.

There was a knock at the door so he opened an there was the pizza man.
Quick delivery= Good restaurant.

"Please sign here sir."
The slender guy instructs as he hands Neal the form to sign.

Neal signed and paid him off. He suited himself at the study table.
A multitasking of food and a little knowledge is equal to a perfect combination.

After some deep study, it was already 11pm and fatigue caresses his body. So he laid his glasses on the night stand and climbed on the sheets.

Sleep didn't immediately submerged him as it always do as he gets into his comfortable bed, so he just stayed up staring at the ceiling.

As he is lost in the thoughts manoeuvring around, he recalls the whole scenery at the park.
That slap did hurt.
Very bad.
He moves his palm to the slapped side and still felt the soft small hands forming heat on his cheeks by the slap.

He smiled at the brilliance.
Not on the fact that he reconsidered her and accepted to help out but because he enjoyed seeing her beg for help.

She has always been an annoying naggy being since day one at the lecture hall and then that brief moment she was just helplessly aiding out for him.
Fascinating.

He found himself smiling but it was a brief one that later faded when that toxic thought of her creeping her way into him is not so welcoming.

For as far she is concerned, she reminds him of the old him.
The old Neal whom it has taken him years to recreate to what he is now.
The old him that he needs not to be reminded of his past being to existence.
He didn't want his effort of his rebuilding be of waste by a disruption of just a mere girl.

A timid person who brings nothing but trouble to him.
Awakening what's dead inside him.
No. She's no saviour.
So the only best remedy is to be away from her crawls.

He scrubbed his eyes severally as his eye lids shut due to the heaviness. An ease overwhelmed him as he fades of to the dreamy world.

wynnemsorh