|30|

"Please have a seat Warren."
Mr Dwight requested him after they greeted each other.

"Thank you."
With that he sat and gulped down a hard swallow of nervousness.

"I am amazed by your time management. A man of time is a good first impression."
Mr Dwight remarked him since he noticed Neal was half an hour early.

"Thank you sir."

"So can I see your transcripts?" He requested. Neal handed him the transcripts and sat down. He manoeuvred his eyes around the room and his heart jumped in happiness. Never did he thought he could be in such a big company rather in any CEOs office.

"Market strategy. You impressively passed. Am impressed. Who taught you?"
He asked after minutes of studying the transcripts.

"Mr Lockwood."

"He was the best lecturer. He taught me the unit too few years back."
Mr Dwight smiled knowing how he loved the units Mr Lockwood taught him.

"He is the best. He also helped me sigh up for the contest the company sponsored."
Neal explained cheerfully.

"Wow! You attended the contest. You reach which level?"
He curiously asked.

"Unfortunately I managed up to the third level."
He frowned knowing he didn't reach the last two levels.

"Buckle up. Don't let one fail define your future. I am already impressed with you. Since you're still undergoing studies, how will you manage a job?"
He questioned since he didn't want him fail his last examination.

"The exams are due in a month. I can be coming Friday and the weekend if that would be acceptable until I finish my exams."
He explained himself hoping he gets the opportunity.

"I don't want to strain you son. Just finish your exams first then report fully for the program."
He reasoned out and gave him the slot.

He felt like jumping up and down and scream because of the overwhelming news.
"Thank you so much sir. I won't disappoint."

"I know you won't. Give the secretary to photocopy your transcripts and take your details. We will be in touch."
He instructed him as he rose from his seat.

"Thank you sir."
They had a handshake and Neal was almost to open the door on his way out, Mr Dwight spoke.
"All the best in your examination. Call for me the secretary."

"Thank you."
Neal nodded as he walked out. The secretary ran in and walked out a few minutes after.

How many thank-yous have you uttered out? Dummy! Fuck oh my goodness, I am in.

He thought to himself as he waited for the secretary to be done with filling in his information.

His phone rang from his pocket so he picked it up.

"Hey, is this a wrong time?"
Janice asked through the phone.

He excused himself to a secluded spot for him to talk.
"No am from his office. I got the job."
He cheerfully shared the news.

"Oh yes baby. I am so happy for you."
She remarked joyfully knowing how much that internship was a huge deal to him.

"Celebrate later?"
He asked unsure what her plans were since it was on a Friday.

"Yes yes. We'll be grabbing drinks at Xcape Nightclub at around 8pm. You can bring along Tyler."
She detailed out.

"Meet you there beauty."
With that he cut off the call.

At the club

Janice and her girlfriends tagged along with Keith, Jacob and Clayton whom had their dates.

Janice excused herself to go to the rest room.
Tyler, Elaine and Neal walked into the club. They searched and found where the rest has settled so they walked and joined in.

They greeted each other and ordered their drinks. Neal was puzzled seeing Janice wasn't in the group. As he was about to ask, he saw her from a distance walking towards them. His heart melted once he saw her.
She wore flowery bustier and a  black tight knee-high short.

She had been planning to take the plunge about Neal and her so she went straight to where he sat, lowered her head and kissed him in front of the rest. He kissed her back not minding the eyes that were on them.

"You came."
She exclaimed as they drifted apart.

"Why would I not?"
Meekly he rhetorically questioned.

"Ooh my God. You guys are dating?"
Ruby couldn't hold the shock.

The gents just silently smiled as they continued to take their drinks except for Tyler who was shocked.
"Man it was her all along?"

Neal just shrugged as he held Janice by the waist. Janice laid her arm on his shoulder as she was ready to explain.
"Yes for weeks now."

"I thought you said you didn't like him when we did the test in the park."
Confused Laura asked.
She didn't wait for Janice to respond but she stretched her hand to Neal for a shake.

"I am so happy. Welcome to the family."
They shook hands and she winked at Janice.

"Toast to the new couple." Ruby squealed as she raised her glass up. The rest joined in for the toast.
Neal wasn't expecting Janice to break out the news that night but he wanted her to be the one who decides on it.

They shared jokes around and a few of them were about Janice's embarrassing moments but Janice didn't mind. She knew better her girlfriends would do anything to be sure Neal loved her regardless.

"I heard the news Neal. I am happy you got the intern."
Jacob winked at Neal as he walked to where his date was standing.

"Thank you for the connections."
Neal sent him his gratitude.

"Anything for a bro. You family now, right?"
He tapped him by the shoulder as he walked passed him.

Part of the family!!

"Should we be mad you kept this secret from us?"
Ruby asked Janice while they went to grab more drinks.

Janice looked at Ruby then Laura and decided it was time to apologise.
"Am sorry guys. I just wanted to be sure he was the one before telling anyone. Please don't be mad at me."

"Shush! As long as you're happy we are happy. I hope he doesn't break your heart cause he'll get a piece of me." Laura pointed out.

"Don't scare him. I know what you all two are capable of."
Janice chuckled as she grabbed the drinks the bartender handed them.

Ruby and Laura just smiled at each other before promising in unison, "no promises."
They all laughed as they walked separate ways.

Janice went to Neal who was seated alone. She placed the bottle of champagne to his display.
"A specialty for the night. Let's take the celebration home."

Neal knew that was a signal she was sending so he grabbed her by the neck and planted a brief kiss before they left chuckling.

wynnemsorh❤️