♡Thirty-Nine♡

Maya

"Shawn!" I scream. My heart breaks. The thought of having to raise another child without their father haunts me. "You monster!"

"Awe, I'm so sorry, Maya," he chuckles. He pulls me back into his chest. I scream.

"Drew, please, let me go! Let me help him," I cry. He holds me tight as I squirm against him.

"Not happening." He pushes me to the ground. The gravel digs into my hands and legs. He grabs me by my hair and flips me over. "You're so pretty when you're helpless."

"Rot in hell!" I shout. He hits my jaw. He hits my stomach. Again and again.

"You and him don't deserve happiness." Suddenly, he's pulled off of me.

"Drew Kingston, you are under arrest for the kidnapping, assault, and harassment of Maya Young," one of his men says. They slap cuffs on to him. He lets me go and I rush over to Shawn. My hands are on his cheeks.

"Shawn, please," I beg. He doesn't move. I rest my head against his. "I need you. Please."

My forehead is against his. A hand is on the back of my neck and pulls me into him. I'm frozen.

"I'm okay, baby," he whispers into my hair. "I'm right here."

A shallow cry leaves my lips. He holds me so tight it's as if all of my broken pieces are melting back together.

"We knew Drew was going to make a move, so, I teamed up with the cops. It was a fake gun. We got him. He can't hurt you anymore." Before he can say anything else, I kiss him. I kiss him long and hard, savoring the moment. His hands find my hips and he pulls me closer to him.

"Please don't ever do that again," I beg, in between kisses.

"I won't need to. You're safe and that's all that matters." He lifts me up. One arm behind my back, one under my legs. We stand, and he walks me over to a truck. He sits next to me and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I thought I was going to have to take care of Hope and this new baby all by myself again," I whisper. He runs his hand up and down my back. His lips meet my temple. 

"You won't. Are you okay?" His lips brush my temple. He grabs my hand and examines the small cuts.

"He threw me in the gravel. I thought I lost you." He kisses my cheek.

"You won't. Ever. I promise." He runs his hand up and down my arm. He kisses my shoulder. "Now, do you want to go home and see our baby?"

We picked Hope up from Kate's house and are now home. Hope bounces up and down on Shawn's legs. My head rests on Shawn's shoulder. Hope's laugh fills my ear. 

"What do you want for dinner?" he asks softly.

"Doesn't matter to me." Hope climbs off of my lap and waddles over to her toys. "We have to get out of this place Shawn."

He pulls my legs across his.

"I know. We will, I promise." I nuzzle my head into his chest. 

"I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl."

Short chapter but I didn't know what to write... so this is all you get for now! I may not go too far into them buying a house because that's boring and I don't want to do that. I may do another time skip by like a month so, yeah.