♡Thirty-Two♡

This chapter does have triggering elements.

Maya

It's been a week since Shawn left and he hasn't tried to contact me. It's just been me and Hope. Like how it was before I met him. It's easier for me to take care of Hope since I have a good job instead of the bar. I'm in the shower when I hear Hope begin crying. Sighing, I get out and run a towel through my hair. I slip on a robe and underwear before walking into the living room.

What I see sends fear down my spine. Someone stands there holding Hope. Tears fall down her small cheeks. The man tries to get her to stop. 

"Stop!" I shout. My feet go to carry me but a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me back. I scream and kick. They throw me to the ground. My back hits first and knocks the breath out of me. Hope cries. When I try to get up the guy puts his foot on my chest. I try to roll over onto my stomach as Shawn taught me but it doesn't work.

"Guess Shawn didn't teach you much about fighting did he... I mean you all were pretty distracted," the guy taunts. My cheeks and blood burn.

"What do you want from us!" I shout. He bends down and wraps his hand around my neck.

"I want you to shut the hell up." He growls.

"Rot," I muster. He hits me. My head snaps to the side and a small cry passes my lips. Memories of Aiden flash in my head.

"Women shouldn't talk back to men," he growls again. His grip tightens on my neck and Hope cries. He's going to kill me. There's a knock on the door. The guy jumps and looks back. Taking this chance, I drag my nails across his cheek and knee his crotch. He falls off of me and I stand. He pulls me back down and pins my hands above my head.

"Please," I beg. He straddles me and tears brim in my eyes. Memories of Jake appear in my mind. He runs a finger down the middle of my chest and stomach. He unties the knot I tied into the robe and flicks the fabric off of me. As I squirm, there's another knock on the door.

"Maya, please open up." It's Shawn. My heart flutters. I scream. The guy covers my lips with his hand.

"Shut the hell up," he growls.

"Mama?" he questions. The nickname only makes me cry harder. It makes me realize how much I've missed him. Every piece of him. Hope's shrill cries fill the room.

"Mike will you shut her up!" The guy on top of me demands. His buddy responds my covering Hope's mouth and nose with his hand. I begin fighting harder than I ever have. They can do whatever they want to me but they will not hurt her.

Shawn bangs on the door. I bite the guy's hand and he pulls it off of my mouth.

"Shawn! Help!" I shout. My hands work at trying to wring themselves out of his grasp. Once I have one out I go for his eyes. He cries out and I shove him off of me. Standing, I rush over to his friend and pry him off of Hope. She coughs and I pull her into me. She shakes as she cries. Maybe it's me shaking.

The door opens and Shawn is by my side in a second. He pulls me into his chest and kisses my forehead. A door slams shut. Shawn's lips graze my ear.

"I want you to take Hope and run into our room. Lock the door and don't come out," he whispers.

"Shawn, I'm not leaving you."

"You're going to listen to me. Please." He kisses my cheek and I flinch. He's about to ask why but he's pulled off of me. "Go!"

Standing, I take Hope into our room and lock the door. Hope is still crying. I can hear the men yelling at Shawn. 

"Please," I beg, "don't take him away again."

Placing Hope on the ground, I unlock the door and close it behind me. Slowly, I walk into the living room and see them beating Shawn.

"Stop," I shout.

"Oh look, she's back," one smirks. It's the one who was on top of me. He let's go of Shawn and stalks over to me. He pushes me into the wall and I let him. His friend walks over, leaving Shawn panting on the ground.

Shawn

They take her into the bathroom. I can hear the bathwater begin running. Panic fills me. Painfully, I get up and rush to the bathroom. When I open the door, I want to rip both of their heads off.

One of them holds her head underwater while the other has his hand down her robe. They let her up for air occasionally. When they do the kiss her. Rushing over, I pick up a glass mason jar and smash it over one of their heads. The guy who was holding her under falls to the ground. His friend looks back at me.

"Leave. Before I kill you both," I growl. His jaw clenches. He grabs his friend and they leave. Immediately, I pull Maya out of the water. I hold her close not caring how soaked she was. She looks up at me. Her blue eyes hold hurt and so many other emotions. I kiss her forehead. She cries.

"Shawn..."

"It's going to be okay, Mama. I promise. They're gone and I'll never leave you alone again. I'm so sorry. It's my fault. They said if I left you they wouldn't hurt you. Now, I realize that it doesn't matter if I left or not. It-" she cuts me off by kissing me. She lays her head on my shoulder and we sit there. Small hands hit the floor and Hope crawls into the room. Maya smiles softly before scooping her up.

"I love you," she whispers. "So damn much."

"I know. I love you more than you can imagine."