♡Nine♡

Maya

"You know what I think you need?" Shawn mumbles into my hair.

"What?" I ask, looking up at him.

"We should go to this cafe that just opened. I have a friend who works there. Maybe you could get a job there?" he suggests. Groaning, I lay back down on his chest.

"I don't know if I'm ready for a new job yet." He sighs and runs his fingers through my hair.

"Can we still go eat there? I heard they have really good muffins." A giggle passes my lips.

"Sure, let me go get changed first."

"I probably should too." We should be getting up but neither of us moves. We lay there, my head on his chest and his arms wrapped around me. After a few moments, I finally sit up and he follows. "I'm going to go, I'll be back though."

"Okay," I say. He stands and pulls me up with him.

"I'll see you soon," he whispers. He kisses the top of my head before walking out the front door. Walking back into my room, I shut the door behind me. Slipping out of my clothes I look in the closet for something casual. I find a pair of black jeans with rips at the knees and a grey sweater. Slipping the clothes on, I go into my bathroom and straighten my hair. The makeup I apply is simple, mascara, eyeliner, lipgloss, and some blush.

There's a knock on the door. Walking out, I open the door and see Shawn smiling down at me. Smiling back at him, he takes my hand into his callused ones. He's wearing a black shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbow and black jeans.

"You look great," he blushes. My cheeks heat up. He chuckles and pulls me out to his car. He opens the door for me and I climb in. He shuts the door and jogs over to the driver's side.

As he drives we talk about our lives. We pull up to the cafe and it already looks better than the bar did. We get out and he grabs my hand as we walk in. We walk up to the counter and there's a woman there. She greets Shawn with a smile.

"Shawn, how are you today?" she asks. She beams at him and she smiles back.

"I'm doing great," he replies. The woman looks at me. Her eyes are an enchanting green color and her skin is tan. "Jade, this is my date, Maya, Maya this is my aunt, Jade."

She smiles at me and extends her hand. Smiling back, I take her hand and shake it lightly.

"It's nice to meet you," I state.

"Oh no, the pleasure is all mine," she deflects. "What would you two like."

"Um," I look up at the menu above her head. There are all kinds of coffees but I'm not too big on coffee. The lemonade catches my eye. To eat, I see a waffle, my favorite. "I'll have a lemonade and a blueberry waffle, please."

"She has good taste," she teases to Shawn. "I assume you'll have your usual?"

His cheeks burn as he nods.

"Okay, it'll be out in just a moment." Shawn leads me over to a table by the window. He pulls out my chair and I thank him before sitting. My eyes take in the cafe. It's decently sized and has polished wood tables and chairs. There are a few paintings on the wall and sphere shaped lights hanging from the ceiling. It smells nothing like alcohol and sweat and more like dough and coffee.

Shawn grabs my hand from across the table.

"How are you feeling?" he asks softly. 

"Great. Thank you for taking me out today."

"It's a pleasure," he smiles.

"So what's your usual?" I tease. He smiles and groans. "Oh come on it can't be that bad!"