♡Thirty-Seven♡

Maya

"You're pregnant?" Aiden questions. Fire burns behind his eyes. I can't tell his emotions. I can't read his face. "You're pregnant!"

He throws the test into the trash. He storms over to me and grabs my jaw.

"You said you were on the pill!" He shouts. His grip tightens as I try to shake out of his grip. His breath is laced in alcohol. He pushes me back and I land on the bed. At this point, I was over him getting drunk and blaming everything on me.

"Those pills can only do so much!" I shout. "Maybe if you decided to use protection."

He turns to me sharply. Standing, I walk over to him. He towers over me.

"Get rid of it," he growls.

"Baby girl," Shawn says. My eyes meet his. Then I look away, at Hope.

"No," I lie. "The test was a dud."

He places it on the dresser and sits in front of me. He grabs my hands.

"They were both positive."

"I'm not pregnant, Shawn. They were a dollar each. Cheap."

"Then let's take you to a doctor. Let's get medical proof." I pull my hands out of his. Standing, I walk over to Hope's crib. She looks so peaceful when she's asleep. Like an angel. Small, fragile and couldn't hurt a fly.

"Aiden, please, we could finally have the family we've wanted," I beg. His jaw clenches. I grab his bruised hands. I knew what he did and it scared me.

"Who the hell said I wanted a family. With you of all people?"

"Aiden, babe, that's the alcohol talking. Please." My hand finds his jaw. He rests his head against mine. His dark brown eyes seep into mine. My fingers tangle into his jet black hair. He pulls me into his broad chest. 

Strong arms wrap around my waist. Lips kiss my shoulder. Turning, I see Shawn. He kisses my forehead.

"Breathe, baby girl." My arms wrap around him and I rest my head on his chest. He holds me tight. "What's wrong?"

"I-" he places his finger under my chin and makes me look up at him. "When Aiden found out I was pregnant he wasn't happy. He was drunk and I was scared."

"I'm sorry," Aiden whispers. My cheek is against his chest.

"It's fine. You were drunk." He smiles sweetly.

"We're having a baby," he smiles. 

"I am pregnant, Shawn." His eyes meet mine. They're filled with happiness and joy beyond words. He smiles and kisses me. It's long and passionate. After that he just holds me.

"I love you more than words can say, honey," he whispers. That makes me hold him closer. He kisses my forehead. "Hey."

My eyes meet his. He kisses my nose.

"I will love you forever. Nothing will ever change that. Especially not something, I technically caused." I laugh. He chuckles and kisses me lightly. My hands slip up to his neck and I pull him closer. When we pull away, he wipes under my eyes.

"I love you so much, Shawn," I cry. His head rests against mine and he laughs softly. My cheek rests against his chest and he kisses my head again. He wipes under my eyes.

"I'm so happy. I'm going to be a dad," he smiles.

"You're going to do great."

"Well then... we're going to need a bigger house," he mumbles. He kisses me deeply. A thought crosses my mind. Pulling away, I look up at him.

"What if Drew finds out? He's going to try to hurt our baby, Shawn." My hand finds my stomach. Drew doesn't want us to have a happy ending. Shawn places his hand over mine.

"He's going to jail."

"They haven't caught him yet Shawn. He's out there." Shawn pulls me into him and rests his chin on my head. He rubs my back comfortingly. "He won't get them, you, or Hope. He's going to have to go through me first."

"Shawn, you shouldn't get hurt over me."

"No. I shouldn't have to protect you. People shouldn't be trying to hurt you because of who I am. We shouldn't have to worry around every corner." He kisses the ring on my finger. The promise ring he gave me a while ago. "Looks like Hope is up."

Picking Hope up, we walk into the living room and sit on the couch.

"Hope, baby, I have very good news for you," I smile. She looks at me expectantly. "You're going to be a big sister!" She laughs and claps her small hands. Her knees bend as she does her own makeshift dance making Shawn and I laugh. I kiss her cheeks several times. She laughs and it's music to my ears. The only sound I want to hear for the rest of my life. Her laugh, Shawn's voice, and the sounds of their heartbeats.