♡Seventeen♡

(HAPPY LAST KISS DAY TO ALL MY SWIFTIES AND SHAWN FELL ON HIS ASS AT A SHOW!)

Maya

Shawn's arm is wrapped tightly around me when I wake up. We moved Hope's crib into the room with us. She gurgles from the bed. As I go to sit up, Shawn's arm pulls me back down.

"I don't want you to get up," he mumbles into my neck. Not wanting to fight, or get up, I wrap my arms around him and snuggle into him. He's warm compared to the cold outside. He pulls me closer if possible. He pulls the covers up over his shoulders. A laugh leaves my lips. "I'm cold!"

"You're also from Canada."

"I don't see you trying to get up," he teases. Rolling my eyes, I lay my head on his chest.

"You're very warm and comfy," I mumble. He unwraps his arms from me and starts to get up. "Shawn!"

"What?" he mocks, dragging his voice out like how I did mine. My eyes narrow.

"We'll see who fixes you muffins again." He stops, turns, and walks back over to the bed. Opening my arms, I expect him to get back in the bed. Instead, he picks me up bridal style and carries me out of the room. Hope laughs fill the hallway. He places me on the couch and rushes to go grab Hope. I follow him back into the room.

"You were supposed to stay in there!" he fake pouts. Smiling, I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him. He wraps his arms around me.

"What?" I ask. He's looking down at me. His eyes hold admiration and an emotion I can't quite place but it looks like... love. Pressing my lips to his, he grabs my thighs and lifts me up. He sits me on the dresser that was behind us. Smiling, I pull away. He helps me down and I open a drawer. Grabbing one of Shawn's hoodies, I slip it on over my head.

"You look great in my hoodies... but..." he comments, grabbing my hands.

"But?" He bends down, his nose ghosting my ear. A shiver runs up my spine.

"It'd look better on the floor." Gasping, I laugh and playfully push him away.

"Shawn Peter-Raul Mendes! I didn't know you could be dirty!" I squeal. He smirks.

"I can be a lot of things, Mama."

"Well, for your information I like this hoodie on... as of now." He chuckles and Hope laughs. We walk over to her crib and Shawn picks her up. She grabs at his curly hair. We both laugh.

"You and your mom love my hair, don't you?" I run my fingers through the strands.

"How can you not? It's curly and soft and messy." He laughs. His hand snakes around my waist and he pulls my lips into his. Hope laughs and places her small hand on the back of my neck. Shawn laughs and pulls away.

"Was she pushing your neck too?" he questions. Laughing, I nod.

"I guess she really likes us together."

"Good," he comments, pecking my lips. "Because I'm not planning on leaving."

"Good because we have decorations to put up." He huffs and a stray curl bounces. We walk out into the living room and Shawn hands Hope over to me. She smiles and I kiss her cheeks. Sitting on the couch, we watch Shawn gather the decorations. He gets the tree out and starts fluffing it. Smiling, I set Hope on the ground with a toy and walk over. 

We fluff the tree and start hanging ornaments. When Shawn goes down to grab another one, his hand brushes my butt. Gasping, I turn and see him looking up and me innocently. He smirks before standing and placing more ornaments on the tree. Shaking my head, I hang more ornaments on the tree. 

When we finish Shawn and I fall onto the couch and pull Hope up with us. He kisses my forehead and bounces Hope on his leg.

"I think I'm going to get that job at the cafe tomorrow," I state. He looks at me.

"I can call Jade. She'll have a spot for you in no time." 

"Thank you."

"No problem," I cut him off.

"No." I sit up. He places Hope on the ground and she grabs his knee and stands. He pulls my legs across him and lays his hand on my thigh. "Thank you for helping me."

"It's nothing, Mama." Hope looks over to us. She scrunches her fingers and I pull her up on to my lap. She stands up.

"Hope, can you say 'Mama'?" She laughs at the word and I smile. Her lips rub together as she attempts to form the word.

"Mama," Shawn repeats slowly.

"Ma..." she stammers. Smiling, we egg her on. She giggles and bounces up and down on my legs. 

"Mama," we repeat.

"Ma..." she pauses, "Mama."

My heart leaps with joy and Shawn claps. Hope duplicates his actions and claps her small hands together. I kiss her cheek.

"Now all we have to do is get you walking," I say. She bends her legs and sits back down on my lap. Kissing her forehead, I can feel Shawn looking at me. "Do you want a kiss too?"

Smiling he places his hand on the back of my neck and pulls my lips to his.