♡Twenty-Four♡

Shawn

When Maya walks in, I can tell something is wrong. She reaches out to me and I pull her into me.

"What's wrong, baby?" She shakes her head. My fingers brush out her ash blonde hair.

"I love you," she whispers. I kiss her forehead.

"I love you more."

"Not possible. When do you get out?"

"Today, I think. When we go home, I'm never letting you go."

"I'd like that," she smiles softly. She looks up at me with almost shut eyes.

"Tired?" My lips brush her forehead. She nods. I kiss her nose and she scrunches it. "You're adorable."

"No, you are."

"Okay, if you insist," I joke. Her lips part in shock. She playfully slaps my arm. "You know that didn't hurt."

"You could have at least pretended that it did," she pouts.

"Ow, Maya, damn it," I fake, she laughs and I do too. "I can't wait until I'm out of here so I can actually cuddle with you."

"And what would we do next?" she smiles. I shrug.

"Watch movies."

"You know I have never seen a single Harry Potter movie," she points out. My lips part in pure shock.

"That's my childhood you just ignored."

"They're just too long and there are too many."

"Oh, as soon as we get home we are watching them all," I demand. She sighs.

"All of them?"

"All of them." She lays her head back on my chest.

"Fine, I'll do it for you."

When we finally get home, Kate is bouncing Hope in the air. Hope's eyes light up when they find us.

"Hey, you're back. She's missed you all," Kate explains. 

"Well, I surely missed her," I say, walking over and taking Hope out of her hands. Maya pays her and Kate bids us goodbye. We lay on the couch and I set Hope on the floor. "You ready for that movie marathon, Mama?"

"Yes."

Maya

He puts on the first movie Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. He smiles and lays down behind me. I turn over and look up at him. His jawline is strong and his eyelashes are long. He's gorgeous.

"Are you not going to watch the movie, babe?" he questions. He reaches over me and pauses the movie. 

"Yeah, do you want anything to eat?" I ask, not looking away from him.

"Yes! Let's make popcorn!" He pulls me up and I laugh at the child in him. He pulls me into the kitchen and searches for the popcorn. When he finds it, he puts it in the microwave and sets the timer. I hoist myself up onto the counter and he places his hands on my hips. He rests his head on my chest and I place my hands in his hair.

"I love you," he whispers, looking up at me.

"I love you too." He rests his head against mine.

"Sometimes I wonder how you're real. Like," he brushes hairs out of my face, "no one is this gorgeous." My cheeks burn.

"I'd have to say the same for you," I respond. He chuckles before connecting his lips to mine. Our lips dance across each other. It's been a while since we've been able to kiss like this, to hold each other like this. He pulls me closer to him and I  wind my fingers in his curls. He slips his hands under my shirt when the microwave beeps.

"Damn. It's been a while hasn't it?" he chuckles. He kisses me again before getting the popcorn out of the microwave. He walks over to the cabinet. I slide off the counter and walk over to him. Slipping between him and the counter. He chuckles and works around me. He pours the popcorn into a bowl before wrapping his arms around me. They're strong and I've never felt safer anywhere else.