13. Jean the Queen & The Wall

Start from the beginning

Leandro said "I don't like her climbing trees. I won't ever allow it."

Jacob said "Why not? It's fun. You, city kids surprise me. You drive cars illegally before you are allowed to... You do cage fighting ...  You go on crazy rides in theme parks ... But you freak out at someone climbing a tree. Leandro don't you think you can't protect jean from everything?"

Leandro said " You are right. But I will try or die. Wouldn't I? I am actually against extreme sports for your information and haven't been on extreme rides in theme parks. I know how to drive. It's a necessary skill."

Jacob said "But you have broken laws on driving. Right?"

Leandro said "You talk too much. No questioning the dean. Demerit. 50 push ups."

Jacob said "Now?"

Leandro said "You have 10 seconds to get on the field and do it or I make it 100."

Jacob said "Of course. Whenever you are offended by the questions you don't answer."

As Jacob made his way to the field he heard Leandro " I have never been caught driving."

Jacob sighed. Leandro was peculiar and unpredictable. When he felt like it he was approachable to people that he chose to be nice to. But at times he was rude.

Jacob went on the field and got on with push ups. He heard how Leo was saying to the prospective recruits to learn from Jacob on how to do push ups. He was referred to as one of the stars of the team who had won honours in football. What he didn't like was when people whispered about him.

As he looked up he saw Jeanelle . He shouted "Jeanelle I need some weights here. Will you come sit on my back while I do push ups." He forgot that her man was crazy. Leandro at hearing that shouted at jean "Girls are not allowed on the pitch at this time."

Jacob chuckled. He watched as jean sat down quietly watching his brother. Jacob finished his push ups and then stood up. He did a back flip and winked at jean to cheer her up but of course the crowd mistook it was for them and started cheering saying "Neuer, Neuer ...."

Jacob shook his head and went to the stands. He sat next to jean. "Flower pot. Why didn't you come? I don't think the dean would have given you de-merits."

Leandro said from behind him "I would have."

Jacob turned around "Really? Come on. The girls teams or cheer leaders at least here don't help in training? In the country the girls helped a lot. We helped them in their training too lifting heavy things and setting things up for them. Football is s team sport. At home flower pot helped me in training."

Leandro sat next to jean. "Jean. Is your brother telling the truth? He makes you become a weight?"

Now jean was sitting between her brother and her admirer. She didn't know who's side to take. She shrugged "I ... I was... I don't mind..."

Leandro said "My father says women are not objects so you will never use jean as weight. Got it?"

Jacob was looking at him with his mouth open "What? It's called helping. She helps me in training..."

Leandro said "I can lend you some weights."

Jacob crossed his arms over his chest and watched Leandro shouting at Leo as he walked to the field to deal with some of the kids on the trials."

Jacob whispered to Jeanelle "Why is this guy so crazy? He doesn't know how to have fun." He then mocked him imitating his rough, bossy voice "My father says don't treat women like objects." He then reverted his voice to his own "Well. My Pa always says go with your gut instinct. My gut says this school is a dystopian land and a dictator is running it."