Part II

(CASSANDRA)

Every guest who entered the lobby of the hotel made me look if it was Sabrina. I nervously fiddled with my fingers while I seated on the couch near the entrance.

I looked at the purse on my lap that I borrowed from a neighbor. Even this skimpy black sleeveless dress that I’m wearing is from my other neighbor who loved to go clubbing. I tried to adjust the strap of the stilettos that I am wearing. Again, from a neighbor.

“Cassey!”, I glanced up and it was Sabrina

“Cassey!”, I glanced up and it was Sabrina. She was wearing a red sexy dress that hugged her curvy body when she walks.

“Are you ready?”

“Ye....yes”, she can sense the hesitation in my voice.

“You don’t need to do this if you don’t want to”, she said concerned.

“I need this”, I answered with determination

She gave my arm a squeeze and walked to the receptionist. She talked with her and after a couple of minutes we were inside the elevator.

I can feel something churning inside my stomach, mixed with a loud drumming of my heart. Sabrina felt my nervousness.

“You look gorgeous, Cassey. Even when we competed as muses back then, you were beautiful among the others, aside from me of course”, she teased and it made me smile. Somewhat reducing the tension I was feeling.

The elevator door opened and we walked at the hallway of the 5th floor. The floor was carpeted and the doors were made of expensive wood.

“The one in charge will explain everything to you”, Sabrina noticed that I kept on glancing everywhere, worried that someone will see me enter a room.

“Don’t worry, they occupied the whole floor”, I was surprised. It cost a fortune just to stay for a night in a room on this hotel. Imagine the bill if the whole floor was paid in a single transaction.

We stopped in front of room 532. Sabrina held my hand before knocking on the door. When it opened, a tall guy with eyeglasses greeted us.

“Hi, Sabrina”, the guy shook her hand.

“Hello, Mr. Oh. This is my friend I was telling you about”.

“Hello, come in”, he ushered us inside.

The room was a suite. There was a living room and a bedroom. He sat on one of the couches. Sabrina tugged my arm and both of us sat on the couch in front of him.

His phone rang, “Excuse me for a minute”. He went inside the bedroom to talk privately on the phone.

Sabrina smiled at me, trying to cheer me up.

Mr. Oh came out after five minutes and resumed his seat. “Sabrina, Mr. Sung is waiting for you next door. Oh, he asked if you brought what he was asking for?”