Epilogue

Clark Kent Suarez

I thought it would not work but as day passes by, I'm falling hard from Grace. She's indeed the grace in my life. 

Since I was a kid, I knew I admired her.  Her soft aura that made me want to take care of her. The way how she speaks softly made a beautiful sound in my ears. The way she moved her lips that made me want to kiss her. The shine in her eyes that I don't want to lose and her touch that made my heart beat lost it's beating rhythm. 

We were so happy with each other not until the day came. 

Graciela's mom went to my office. Graciela was my ex back then. When Grace and her family left the country, she reminded me of Grace. That's why I'd admire her for a year. But our relationship ended when she cheated. 

I didn't plant any bad feelings for what she has done. Maybe, there's something on that guy that made her choose him over me. Maybe I was not enough for her. 

And I know that, I know I'm not enough for her because I'm still jailed with Grace arms. I didn't have the chance to tell her how much I love her before she left. 

Maybe Graciela's cheated on me but I cheated on her first by secretly loving Grace from a far. 

"Clark, my daughter needs you." I was caught off guard for what Mrs. Miguel said, the mother of Graciela. 

"Pardon, ma'am?" I asked her with respect. 

"Graciela is dying," I heard her cry in front of me. "Four months. Just four months, please be with my daughter." She pleaded. 

"But as you know, I already have a wife." I carefully answered. Grace and I were doing good. 

"I know that. Maybe your wife will understand if you tell her?" She sounds hopeful. She's willing to do anything for her daughter. "Please, Clark. Alam ko naman na may pinagsamahan kayo ng anak ko kahit papano. She badly needed you, please stay with her until her last breath." 

"Madame, your daughter cheated on me. I assumed that the man she chose will make her happier than me." I tried to explain it as softly as I could. 

"I know. She told me that she cheated on you. And she's living with regret, until now. Until now, she's suffering from cancer, she's living on her remaining days with regret." She explained. "The past still haunts her, she can't forgive herself for what she has done." 

Napaisip ako bigla sa sinabi niya. For a moment I wanted to say yes but Grace's smile wanted me to say no. Pero ganon ba ako kasama para pagbigyan ang hiling ng ina ni Graciela? Four months, just four months. 

For how many years, she's living with regret. She never had a chance to talk to me because of shame. 

No one deserves to live with regret, no one deserves to live with their past. 

I visited her at their house. She looked pale, she doesn't look the same anymore. But still, she's pretty. But my wife is still gorgeous. 

"Ke-kent." Hindi makapaniwalang pagtawag niya sa pangalan ko. I smile at her. 

"How are you?" Iyon na ang mga naisip kong salita kaya iyon ang nasambit ko. 

Dahan-dahan siyang lumapit sa akin, marahan niyang hinaplos ang mukha ko na tila hindi pa rin makapaniwala na nasa harapan niya ako ngayon. 

"I'm sorry," she started to form tears on her eyes. "I'm sorry. I should have done that." Punong-puno ng pagsisi ang boses niya. 

"It's okay. I'm okay." I assure her. Pero umiling lang siya kasabay ng pagtulo ng luha niya. I cup her face to wipe her tears. "Hush, it's okay."