Gap #48

Yumiji's POV

I was too happy that I forgot that Knight is still not giving up on Angeli. Shit. My cellphone's battery is dead so I didn't got to ask her to go home with me. I hope she's still in her classroom.

I ran to her classroom and didn't saw her with Dawn and Nana so I ran Immediately to the elevator and saw her went inside with Vi but damn, it closed. I went down through the stairs and didn't saw her anymore. Why's she walking so fast? I just went to the parking lot and I didn't expect to see Angeli went inside to Knight's car.

What is she doing?

She didn't even saw me when the car passed by.

Didn't she told me that she doesn't like Knight? Then why's she going home with him? Was that all a lie, Angeli?

I just went inside my car and decided to go home.

***

As I went inside my unit, I didn't expect my grandfather to be in here.

"Grandpa!" I walked to him with open arms, but he just brushed me off with his cane.

"Why did you even decide to become a teacher huh?" He asked me with his eyebrows intact.

"It's just for one year only, I promise!" I grinned like a little child and he just sighed.

"So be it." His expression became serious and sat on the couch.

"What's wrong with the company?" I asked seriously.

"Your eldest uncle is planning to take over the company secretly."

"Huh?!"

"He is being greedy lately when he knew you're my official inheritor. He said that it was unfair for you to be one when you're just a teacher." He looked so stressed.

"Then let me help, I'll make sure that I'll prove him wrong." He faintly smiled at me.

"Sign this. After one year, you're going to be the CEO of Kang Company. However, be ready when it's urgent for you to inherit the company as soon as possible. It's up to you how you will prove to them that you're the best inheritor of mine." He brought out the file he had and I brought my own seal.

"Them?" I confusingly asked.

"The board of directors." He looked at me seriously and I just gulped.

"Okay, I'm on it." I signed the contract and my grandfather smiled.

"Thank you, Yumi."

"You're always welcome, Grandpa!" I was about to hug him when he brushed me off again with his cane.