Gap #31

Yumiji's POV

This will be the last day, huh. After this, I just have to ignore her if I come to meet her in the office. I'll do what I have to do now.

"Hey, Angeli!" I called her, while her legs is in the pool.

"Hmm?"

"Can you give me another parting gift?" I wish that she would just stay in my side forever.

If that is only applicable for a gift, I would ask for it.

"Huh?" And her left eyebrow raised.

"Just kidding." I sat beside her and looked at her, while she's looking in the pool.

"Let's date for a day, shall we?" I asked her with a smile.

Angeli's POV

My heart beats for a second, but throbs after. What am I hoping for? It's just a day, after all. "I'll ask Mom about it." I stepped out and looked for Mom. I found her at the cottage with Tita Ruff.

"Mom, can we talk? Just for a while." Mom ended the conversation with Ma'am Ruff and talked to me alone.

"What is it?" Mom suspiciously asked me.

"Uhh..." Paano ko ba sisimulan? Paano, paano? (OoO;)

"Let me guess. Yumi asked you to spend a day with you nuh?" Nagulat ako dahil sa hula ni Mom. She's so right.

"Fine with me, but know your limits. Know your place to his, okay?" Mom was worried. She's right. I should know that he is with someone else. Also, I should not get my hopes up.

"I will, Mom. Thanks." I smiled reassuringly.

I'm doubting if I like him or not. All my anger to Sean and to that guy vanished because I take it out to Kuya Yumi. All he did was to reply me with a smile and tease me, but I'm able to hear my heart beat once again.

Is it just obligation? Is it just because he is there when my heart broke and I can't smile? Is it really love?

***

I went back to the pool and saw him waiting, looking at pool with worried eyes. He looked sad. I don't know. I just feel it. He looked at my direction and smiled. "I thought you weren't going to come back." He stood up and walk in front of me.

I'm sorry. I really don't know what I really feel for you. I'm the worst, right? Right now, I really wonder if I really love you or not. I know that there's never been a possibility that you will love me, but I feel bad for saying it to Sean.