New attitude

Just as he was about to talk to me my purse rang.I excused myself and headed to the ladies room.I didnt recognize the number and wondered if i should let it go to voicemail but my finger pressed answer.

"hello?" I said in a deep voice.

At first all i heard was breathing and static i tried to address the mystery caller again.

"hello is anyone there?" I said in my normal voice."its me ..." flew out of the breathing."marcus" i said pulling the phone away from my ear i had no second thoughts about hanging up the phone. Why should listen to anything he has to say as a matter of fact he should listen to me and what i have to say.

I pulled the phone back to my ear and begun the conversation.

"Davita how are you?" Marcus said in a broken tone.

I tried to stay hard an not give in.

"Besides feeling stabbed in my heart just peachy"i said sounding cold hearted. "Im sorry Davita i messed up"Marcus mumbled. "I heard that line before what do you want Marcus"

"i just need someone to talk to you always been there for me"Marcus said shuffling."yea your right and now its time to be there for myself ang June im done chasing you" i said to Marcus. Marcus paused for a second and starting breathing heavily. I heard a faint voice call his name i feel my face get hot and my eyes water up i wished i never the conversation. " your baby is fine an growing like a champ just make sure she stays drinking plenty of water" said the nurse to Marcus.

I could hear Marcus let out a sigh of relief it wasnt like i wanted to harm his baby i just didnt want there to be good news. Not in the celebrating mood i hung up before he could repeat what i already knew.