"Of course! That only means you look good. Besides, the other girls are getting checked out, too." He points to the men looking out the other women at the party.

"Own your sensuality! Find power with your body!" Chao grips my hand.

I nod and stand up straight and push my chest out.

Chao stares at my chest for a few seconds before looking up at my face. "Good," he smirks.

I felt confident that so many men found me sexually appealing but I wish that I wasn't pushed into dressing this way... I don't know. There's nothing wrong with a woman showing skin, but being pressured by a guy made me conflicted.

After getting through security of the hotel, we enter the party.

Chao hands me a black masquerade mask and I immediately put it on. It almost completely covered my face. Chao also put his on.

     We explored the party scene for a bit and then we finally find who I was looking for all week.

"Hey," Chao bumped his shoulder to Jungkook.

Chao slips off his mask and Jungkook groans upon seeing him. "Just because my parents formally invited you didn't mean you had to come."

"Well I was bored after your gang tortured me for hours so I thought why not. And you didn't even greet my date," Chao retorts.

Jungkook looks at me for a second with a bored expression and then back at Chao.

"I have a lot of work to do. I'm sure you can entertain your own guest." Jungkook begins to walk away but Chao grabs his shoulder.

"You don't even recognize Y/n?" Chao accuses.

Jungkook turns around. "Huh? Where is she?"

I take off my mask, slowly. Jungkook's eyes widen with recognition.

"Y/n- that's you? What are you even doing with this dirty thug?"

Chao laughs to himself. "My work is done." He walks away.

"I'm here because I want to be. I can hang out with whoever I want." I shrug.

Jungkook rolls his eyes. "You can do what you want but Chao is bad news."

"And like you're not? How could you say those things to me in your gang lair and not feel an ounce of regret?" I demanded answers.

Jungkook rubs his temple and sighs deeply. "It's complicated. And why do you look so... different?"

Jungkook stares at me. It took me awhile to understand his expression. He didn't look like he stunned or gawking, like the other men did at the party. He looked... confused.

"Because I want to. Got a problem with that?" I don't know why I was being so rude but I couldn't stop the words.

     Jungkook shakes his head. "You look stunning but you don't look like yourself."

   "What sort of back-handed compliment. Am I not allowed to look pretty?" I angrily asked.

    "No but-"

    I interrupt him. "So it's fine if every other girl in the room is dressing provocatively and wearing a lot of makeup, but it's not okay if I do it? Do you think I'm a loser?" I snap.

   "N-no that's not what I mean. I'm digging how you look like right now- to be honest, I really like it. But I'm more concerned about how comfortable you are-"

    I roll my eyes. "A bit possessive aren't we? Are you slut-shaming me?"

    What came over me to say that?

    Jungkook sighs, frustrated. "No. You look gorgeous but I hope no one pressured you to do this. But if you're confident in a short right dress and red carpet makeup, then own it. I just hope this is how you want to be dressed- not how society pressures you to dress. That's all."

     It was silent and Jungkook finally asks something. "Did Chao tell you to do this?"

     I meekly nodded.

     "You look beautiful in anything you wear. But no man should dictate how to dress. If you want to expose your skin, go for it. If you wanna cover your whole body, go for it. But how you dress is your power and no one should control your decisions over your body. And this applies for every gender."

    He continues. "Most days, I feel confident in a simple, white t shirt, baggy pants and timbs. People make fun of me for dressing so modestly but it's what I feel happy wearing. Then some other days I wanna show off more of my physique. But how I dress is my choice and you should also feel that way, too."

    Why is Jungkook so good at giving me the right advice at the right time?

    I wanted to say thank you, but instead blurted out. "Don't call me beautiful, Jungkook. You're engaged to another woman."

     Jungkook snorts, revealing those precious bunny teeth I loved to see since I was a kid. "Sorry. I forgot."

We finally bursted our laughing from the awkward tension and Jungkook grabs my arm. "Y/n. I'm sorry with what I said to you a few days ago, but you need to get out. I'll be really busy for the next few weeks, and I don't want you to get involved in my mess."

I refused to leave. "Jungkook, I honestly don't care if you're engaged. But I care for your mental happiness and I don't mind being around you as a supportive friend-"

Jungkook shakes his head with fear. "You don't understand. You need to leave now-"

"Sorry to interrupt this conversation but who's your friend here?"

I whip my head around and my eyes widen with recognition. I've seen this man's face plastered all over TV and in the newspapers. I've heard this man's name all over the radio and daily conversations. One of the most influential figures in South Korea was in front of me.

"Mayor Jeon," I can only manage to whisper.

He smiles and politely bows. "Hello. I'm Jungkook's father."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: moral of the chapter: your body is your power. dress how u want. u can be just as empowered showing off ur skin, as completely completely covering ur body. everyone has a different style & gets confidence in different ways. nobody, especially a man can dictate what u wear. So remember to ...
LOVE YOURSELF \(≧▽≦)/

ALSO just because this main character prefers dressing modestly most days, doesn't mean I think it's a better way to dress. After I'm done with this story, I'm planning to continue a story on my page called "Gangs and Roses" where the female lead is a lot more confident with her body and sexually expressive. I just want to emphasize that you can be either way and still be a powerful person.