Early labor?

Lily POV:

I winced and sat up straight from the couch

I winced and sat up straight from the couch. The baby in my stomach was active whenever I was trying to get some rest. I brought my  hand over your swell, giving it a small rub to calm the 28 weeks baby boy or girl before taking deep, slow breaths to soothe my pain. I  tried to stay as quiet as possible with Harrison lying asleep in our room beside us, getting some rest before his engagement with Harry and William. I didn't want to wake him as it would only give him more of a reason to convince me to leave engagements. For the last few weeks, my  bump was getting bigger and he was getting more cautious. He had tried to convince me  to stop for a while, just until after the pregnancy but I insisted. The continuous bickering and arguments were just unnecessary stress added to the pregnancy. Once the anxious baby had calmed I slowly began to lie back down onto the pillow before I decided to get up for a drink.

"Babe!" Harrison was quick to rush over to my side when he noticed my instability.
He held my arms while I grabbed onto his hand. The pain below was excruciating and my knees felt weak. The baby was no longer kicking but hurting. He pulled me back to the couch and I carefully sat down.
"I'll get you a glass of water."
He headed behind the counter to grab a glass and he quickly filled it up with some water.
"Here," he handed the glass and I painfully chugged it down.
I felt like I was going to throw up any minute now. His hand found its way to the small of my back, giving it a small rub before a dreadful sigh fell from his lips.
"You should stay home," he mumbled.
I started to shake my head,
"No, I'm fine. She was just being kicky." I set the glass on the table, beginning to stand to my feet.
"Love, a baby doesn't kick you hard enough to almost knock you off your feet," he countered, holding onto me to help.
"I'll be fine. Kate will be there anyway." I explained.
Myself and Meghan were heading to Kate and WIlliams while the lads were gone to the engagement as neither Harry or Harrison wanted us on our own at the stage of our pregnancy.
"Fine" He sighed and left.

After a few  minutes of comforting Harrison with the idea that I would call him if I felt any more pain, he finally let me into the car. On arrival Harry and William were seen outside the door talking. Kate soon came out and waved when she seen us. Once I was out of the car Kate helped me into the house while the boys headed off in the car.

I held onto her hand while she held me the way Harrison usually did. When I  was steady on my feet, the agonizing pain I felt earlier came back. I almost whimpered when the sharp pain ran across my stomach, shooting up my chest. My hand quickly grabbed the bottom of my swell, hoping it would ease the pain but it didn't and it only felt worse.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay," Kate squeaked.
I shook my head with tears at the brim of my eyes.
"No, it hurts," I cried, my voice breaking.
"I'll take you to the A&E, c'mon, Meghan, watch the kids" She panicked, guiding me down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I laid on the bed with one arm under my head and the other resting on what seemed to be a swollen belly. Harrison hadn't been informed of anything yet but I  know the minute I told him, he would lose it. Kate could feel my  leg shaking from the other side of the room; she was just as scared as I was. What if I lost the baby again? It scared me more than anything to even think about the possibility of losing another child in such little time. The doctor came in with a clipboard in hand. He was fumbling through the papers clipped down before he looked up, giving both me and Kate a reassuring smile. He was a bit young to be doctor.

"Your Highnesses," he greeted. "How are you feeling now? Has the anesthetic helped?"
I gave him a small smile as he motioned me to sit up. Kate came around to my side to help me before he brought his stethoscope across my back.
"Well, your heart rate has slowed a bit but that's completely normal. During your third trimester, it's completely okay to feel pain, there's nothing to worry about. Your baby is simply shifting to get ready for labor, growing as well so it may cause some pain below your pelvis. The kicking will also increase due to her constant moving so prepare for that," he chuckled. "Other than that, you're fine and your baby is very healthy."

I felt a bit relieved but wished Harrison was here beside me. He has never missed a doctor's appointment with me and right now, he was completely unaware that I was even in the hospital.

"Thank you," I breathed, lying back down. "When will I be able to go home?"
He flipped through some more papers before looking back at me,
"I would like to keep you overnight for observation, there are still some things I need to go over before discharging you. You should be able to leave before lunch tomorrow!"

I nodded before he turned to leave the room. I had to tell Harrison, there was no way I could keep this from him now. Paparazzi had followed me from Kates place, we  were probably already on the headlines.I  looked over to Kate and she already had the look. 

"I know, I know," I  muttered, knowing what was to come.

***

"Oh my god, babe!" The door pushed opened and Harrison came dashing to the edge of the bed.
"Harrison," I  sat up, falling into his arms as he wrapped himself around me.  "I'm sorry I didn't call earlier, I was just afraid you'd be angry and I'm sorry, I'm sorry Haz," I babbled, tears seeping through his shirt.
"Hey," he cooed, stroking the back of my head. "It's okay my love. I'm not angry. I'm just glad you're okay."
I looked up at him as he brought his thumb under my eye to wipe the tear.
"Why are you crying love?" He whispered, a small smile forming on his redden face.
I shook my head, my eyes falling to my lap before moving back to his.
 "I was so scared," I croaked, " I thought that we lost another baby."
"It's okay, you're okay," he hummed, pressing a kiss on my shoulder. "You're okay, the baby's okay. I love you, I love you so much."

I smiled and curled up to his side as he moved to lie beside me on the bed. I slowly closed my eyes as I leaned my head on his chest, the last thing I felt being Harrison kissing my head.