Chapter Twenty One

Mulai dari awal

After a few moments I stand up too, "I'll go to the pharmacy and pick up some painkillers for my feet." I tell Jae and he nods.

I walked towards the lobby as fast as I could, the injury slowing me down drastically. But the feeling of not knowing ate me up. The moment I reach the lobby, I scanned the place trying to spot him but before I could, I felt a hand on my arm. 

"Here." He pulled me towards a bench where we sat down. 

"W-what happened?" I stuttered, trying my best to form a sentence.

"I don't know." He sighed, massaging his forehead and my brows furrowed as I waited for him to go on. "She started telling me she loved me and that she'd go back and change things if she could because-"

"Spare me the details, please." I groaned, already getting sick of Aera's lies. She always had an issue with dealing with the consequences of her actions. 

"Sorry," he shook his head, "but basically, she wanted us to be on good terms and I agreed?" He shrugged as he looked at me.

"What?" I gape at him, trying to understand his decision.

"I mean, wouldn't it be better if I'm on Aera's good side when she finds out that I have feelings for you?" He said and I disagreed almost instantly.

"She's doing this to get you back." I pointed out and he sighed in response.

"I made it clear that I had no intention of getting back together with her." He said reaching for my hand but I still wasn't assured. I knew Aera, she wouldn't give up that easily but being in a relationship myself,  I didn't want to push Taehyung to do anything.

"If you say so." I sighed, getting up. "I'll see you upstairs, I have to get something first." I walk forward.

"I can come with you," he offered, probably noticing my sudden change in emotion. I tried refusing but he spoke out once more. "Plus, I don't want you walking alone like this." Taehyung motioned towards my feet and I simply brush it off. 

"It's fine," I gave him a weak smile. "It's going to be weird if we go back together." I said and he nodded slowly.

"Okay," He breathed out, reaching out for my waist. "I'll see you upstairs then." He whispered as he brought my body close to his. It took me aback slightly, but his touch always had a calming effect. He kissed the top of my forehead affectionately which instantly eased me from all my worries and doubts.

Even if Aera had an ulterior motive, I knew he'd still be there for me. 

I got my painkillers and went back up to Jae's ward. They were immersed in a conversation with smiles painted over their faces and I couldn't understand why.

"Did I miss something?" I ask, making my way back to my seat.

"Nope!" Aera chimed, bouncing in her seat. "We were just talking, and we thought it'd be fun if we went for the Christmas themed carnival!" She said and my expression falls, jaw almost dropping.

"What?" I look to Taehyung instinctively and he shrugged in response, his expression mirroring mine.

"It would be so fun! Plus your gap year's ending soon. Might as well get the most out of it." She said and I wave my hand before her trying to object.

"I can't." I said and everyone in the room frowned, knowing that I had no reason not to go. 

"Why not?" Jae asked from beside me, a pout playing on his lips.

"I just can't." I said and everyone goes silent for a bit, with Aera fidgeting with her phone. After a few seconds she beamed at me.

"Well, too late." She squeaked. "I just got us the passes online." She flashed me her phone and I feel anger start building up within me.

"It's okay." Taehyung instantly buds in, his hand reaching out to hold me. The moment his skin brushed against mine I feel both Aera and Jaesun glare. 

"I'll be there." He looked me in my eye but instantly darted up to look at Jae and Aera after realising what he had said, "we'll all be there." He coughed, trying to cover up but I notice Jae frown.

He moves away from my body, "we'll all be there, so we'll all have fun." Taehyung started rambling, finding ways to make sense with his sentence.

"Okay, yea. I'll go." I say quickly, trying to divert their attention. "But don't you think Jae should rest?" I tried cancelling the plan one last time.

"I got passes for December which gives him an entire month, I think that's enough time, right?" Aera looks to Jae and he nods in agreement.

"Well, it's final then." She looked to Taehyung, taking his hand into hers and I feel myself tense up. "We're going to the carnival!" She grinned up at Taehyung who stared at Aera and I to and fro.

All I could do was glare at Aera, her fingers secured tightly around his. Now I knew why she was looking forward to the carnival. She was planning on getting him back.