Chapter Twenty Four

[A/N: This chapter has a lil sexual/ mature content so skip the last part if you aren't comfortable.]

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"You were a little off when you left. I'm sorry if I said something—"

"No, no." I quickly cut Taehyung off as he stayed silent on the other end of the line. "I'm just agitated with Aera. You don't have to apologise for her." I sighed, curling up on my couch.

I drove her back home, not wanting her to stay the night at Taehyung's place.

"And I'm sorry I couldn't stay for long, I really wanted to—"

"Dear!" My dad called out, and I jump slightly, startled.

"I have to go. I'll call you back." And with that, I ended the call hastily.

I looked back and faced my father who had worry engraved in his features. He sat himself down in front of me, as he waited for me to speak.

"I know I said I'll tell you everything but—"

"You don't have to rush, sweetie." He smiled at me, giving me a look of understanding. "I just need to know if you're okay." He asked.

I took in a deep breath as I thought about it, "I don't know."

And I really didn't. I still haven't given myself the chance to fully digest everything that had happened. The feelings that were all buried in a dark corner of my head, trying my best to runaway from it.

His expressions softens, "I know how hard breakups can be. Especially since Jaesun was practically family." He sighed the moment he notice me avert my gaze.

"I don't know what happened, but I just want you to know that you deserve to be happy. I've not seen you genuinely smile in a while and it saddens me." He pressed his lips into a thin line as he breathed out.

"I'll get there, pa." I gave him a weak smile, knowing that I soon will. I knew having Taehyung by my side would instantly ease my pain. And just then, I feel my stomach churn at the thought of him, my gut telling me to tell my father about him but I didn't know how.

I've never kept anything from him, he's always been there for me in every way. He didn't want me to miss out on not having a mother to raise me, so he took on the responsibilities of being one.

Allowing me to talk about boys and gossip to him, with him being genuinely interested and open.

"Pa," I peeped, and he looks back to me, "what if there's another guy?" I asked and his eyes widened for a split second in surprise right before his brows furrow slightly.