Chapter Twenty

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"What?" Taehyung frowned, shaking his head with confusion, as though I had spoken in a foreign language.

"I can't break up with him. At least not right now." I say and he simply stared at me, brows still knitted together.

"I think he's going through a lot, I just don't want to add on to his pressure." I said, hoping he'll understand.

"He cheated, Areum." He lets out in a low tone as he stared down at me.

"And I did too, okay? I just—" I took in a deep breath, looking at Jaesun through the glass panel. "I just need time." I looked back up at him and he nodded.

"And I'll give you time." He reaches out to grab my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. 

I tense up at his touch, nibbling against my bottom lip as I stared into his brown orbs.

"I just need to know that I'm not waiting for something that's never going to happen." He said, and I choke a little.

I avert my gaze, staring at my own two feet as I thought about it. "You're not." I assured him with a whisper and he gently massages the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Then take all the time you need." Taehyung let out with a smile as I glued my eyes back onto him.

"Areum?" The voice called out weakly and I instantly yank my hand away from Taehyung.

Jaesun looked at us with a frown plastered over his face. He threw a few glances at the both of us and then looks back at me. "Could you help me get the doctor?" He asked, brushing off Taehyung's presence.

"Y-yea, okay." I nodded as Taehyung cleared his throat, stuffing his hand into his jean pocket. 

Jaesun walked back into his ward while I attempted to get his doctor.

"Wait," Taehyung called out from behind as I walked away. "What happened to your feet?" He asked the moment he noticed the bandage wrapped around it.

"It's nothing. Just a little cut." I said as I continued to walk forward.