Chapter Fifty Eight

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I remained seated before my father, a cup of water in my hands as I broke the news. His eyes gets glossed with tears the moment, a pained expression crossing his face. He moved himself to sit next to me right after,  wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry," was all he could whisper and I simply nod, still not knowing how to respond. We sat in silence as I sipped onto the water.

My mind was in a better state than from that night, but I was still as fragile. "I have to get going." I told, wanting to be done with the wallowing in misery. I was just starting to heal, I didn't want my father pitying me and reopening those wounds.

He nodded as I got up, placing the cup down. "Okay," He breathed out. "Call me, if there's anything." He kissed the top of my head as I prepared to leave and with a nod, I walked out the door.

"Hey," Taehyung spoke out softly, as he walked towards me from the car. The night breeze drifted by lazily, sending his hair swaying with it.

He took me in his arms instantly. "You okay?" He asked the moment I bury myself into him.

"Mmhmm," I hummed, not wanting to talk. All I wanted was to stay frozen in time, right here in his hold. His hand went through my hair, massaging my head slightly as he pulled away.

I hated the fact that I had to relive my biggest downfall over and over again as I had to tell everyone that knew about the pregnancy. It was a weird type of embarrassment fused with disappointment I had never felt before.

"You ready to go home now?" Taehyung asked right after kissing my forehead.

I bob my head into a weak nod, walking into the car before him. I hear a sigh escape his lips as he followed me into the car and I frown a little. "You okay?" I arch an eyebrow as he blew out another sigh, as though trying to calm his nerves.

"No, yea." He shook his head, fingers drumming against the steering wheel.

"You seem a little jumpy." I pointed out, cocking my head to the side as I studied his form.

"Nope, everything's fine." He wore a smile that I could easily see through and I reach out to hold him, trying to get him to look at me.

The moment my fingers brushed against him, he jumped. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. He was obviously not okay, anxious even.

"I'm sorry," he chuckled a little. "It's nothing, really. Let's go home, okay?"

"Okay." I mumbled, something not sitting right with my gut as I sunk into the seat.

Taehyung remained quiet for the rest of the ride, fidgeting every few seconds without passing me a single glance. We finally reached the apartment and the silence follows.

"Taehyung, what's going on with-" and not leaving me a chance to finish my sentence, he presses his lips onto mine and my mind goes blank.

I don't try to pull away, missing the way his soft lips would move against mine with such passion and love. It always had me feeling warm and full. He pulled away after a moment and I open my eyes to see a charmingly sweet smile painted over his lips. He rested his forehead on mine, rubbing the tips of our noses together and I couldn't help but smile.

"I love you," he whispered, completely blowing past my question. It was so hard to read him in that second but I was too lost in the moment to give it a second thought.

He leaned in once more, kissing me but this time deeper and I let myself drown in him. My hands naturally entangled themselves around his neck and I catch myself smiling against his lips.

It had been awhile since I've felt this restful, being able to take in every moment of the kiss. I could feel the pent-up frustrations and emotions from the past week slowly fade as I found comfort in him. I allowed myself to enjoy this, not feeling the need to punish myself any longer as Taehyung made me feel loved with the warmth of his kiss embracing me.

He brought me to the couch, laying me down as our lips continued to move in perfect sync. I was thankful in that moment, having him with me even through everything.

I feel his fingers caress my cheek right before cupping my face, the intimacy in the kiss growing. I run my hands up his neck to his hair, tugging lightly at the strands right before tracing my fingers down his back, taking in every part of him.

He pulled away again, his eyes looking deep into my soul as he studied my features meticulously. His piercing stare made it seem like he was in a trance as he remained focused on me. His fingers traced the outlines of my face, tucking strands of hair behind my ear right before running his fingers down to my jaw and then to my neck.

As his fingers trailed lower, so did his lips as he began kissing my neck gently. There was this rush that came over me as I felt his lips graze against my skin every time he lowered himself.

I simply laid back, revelling in every emotion he sent my way. He was soft and gentle with me and I loved seeing that side of him. He didn't push anything on me, taking things slow as he knew I still wasn't in the best state. Finally, he sits up, getting me to sit up right after. He looks at me, a particularly endearing smile playing on his lips.

"I can't wait." Was all he whispered.