🧛🏻‍♂️ New York's Shiki

(Vampire Daniel x Loki)

(Word Count: 2191)

Daniel's POV

"Breaking News: Another body, victim to these consecutive attacks, has just been located-"

The TV shut off before my eyes and I rubbed my eyes that have grown dark and slightly baggy with lack of sleep. I looked up slightly and found Tony staring down at me like I was a zombie. "Gee, kid! You really need to get some sleep! Are those attacks spooking you? Vampires only exist in movies, trust me. Don't listen to those media hogs!"

I let out an exhausted sigh before I passed a hand through my messy hair and got to my feet. I stretched my tense muscles. "Why are you in my room?"

"Dude!" The new voice made me flinch as Clint tossed an arm over my shoulder and exclaimed, "You crashed in the living room sometime when you got back last night! Did you get drunk or something?"

"I don't get drunk." I shoved his arm off of my shoulders as I sat back on the sofa, covering my eyes with my arm. "I only went out for a meal anyway. I was starving..." In fact... I had been avoiding killing people. I had been putting off my meals for so long... it was finally catching up with me. It was times like these where I couldn't hold myself back and I started binge eating to sustain myself. I would never expect any of the Avengers to understand me. Not even Loki... Especially not him.

Clint sat beside me, not bothering to worry about personal space. "No wonder you were starving. You never sit and eat any meals with us. Are you sick are something? Now that I think about it, I've never seen you eat anything..."

I stared thoughtfully at the wall for a moment before I glanced at Clint. "Yeah. I can't eat normally like the rest of you can. Otherwise, I get sick. So I have to eat when my stomach tells me I can." It was a well thought out lie. There was no way he could prove me wrong anyway. Normal food did make me sick, and if I didn't eat like I was supposed to my stomach did tell me when to eat. 

"Maybe it's because you don't get enough sun," Tony figured as he moved to open the curtains.

But I was quick to jump in front of him with narrowed eyes. It's not like I would die in the sun. I wouldn't burn to a crisp like any normal vampire. I was a very rare and special kind of Shiki. With the way they were staring at me with wide eyes, I knew I had to come up with something. "Really? Whoever heard of taking a nap with the sun out?"

"You're taking a nap right now?" Clint tilted his head in confusion.

"Daniel," My head spun to the door where Loki stood, watching me steadily. "Come with me... I think we need to talk." With that, he turned and undoubtedly went to our room.

My breath caught in my throat. Did he know? Oh god... He must hate me. That's probably what he wanted to talk about. Tony began to laugh as he pointed his finger at me. "Ooooh! You're in trouble with the wife! You're just shaking in your pants! Ha!"

"Quiet with that!" My face flushed as I stormed out of the living room. But he wasn't wrong... I was horrified. Just what did Loki find? I thought we had enough respect to not go through each other's personal things... As soon as I got to the door, I hesitated before walking in and finding Loki sitting on the bed with his head buried in his hands. My eyes widened as I shut the door behind me and stayed just where I was. "Lo...?"

"Don't." His voice cracked. It was oddly not like him. His head slowly rose and I then noticed the tears in his eyes. "Where have you been?!"

Oh... Now I was connecting the dots. I understood perfectly that he was suspicious with how I've been leaving without saying anything. "I've just been going out for a meal the past few nights. I promise that's all! I've been going out by myself because it was late at night. Can you really blame me? I figured you, like everyone else, would like their beauty sleep. You know?" I gave him a wide, reassuring smile, something I rarely did within my feeding days.