🤧 Daniel's Sick Day

(A/N: Eeeyyyy Guess who forgot they had a chapter ready for publishing! Meee!)

(Word Count: 1188)

DANIEL'S POV

It all started with ONE singular sneeze. But that one sneeze was enough to set off a barrage of sneezes.

That was it. I refused to leave my room that day. Natasha had taken my one and only warm jacket and I was already feeling the horrible effects of a cold. It was so bad, I thought I was coming down with the flu! But... that was probably really just me overreacting.

However, I knew it was breakfast and my stomach was busy trying to remind me to eat something. "Jaaarviiiiiis," I called out, sounding much like a dying animal, "Tell Loki to bring me some orange juice!"

"Right away, sir."

I sneezed once again, but as I opened my eyes I found I was a really small creature. Crawling out from under my blanket I let out a small bark. Oh geez, I thought to myself with an exasperated sigh. I was sneeze-shifting again.

Sneeze.

How the hell did I become a zebra?! What?!

"Daniel?" Loki called as he opened the door. But he stopped short at seeing me in the position that I was in. "What... are you-"

I interrupted him with yet another sneeze and I shouted in frustration, "Now why am I you?!"

He set the glass he was carrying on the desk as he sat across from me. I could see the questions through his eyes. But he settled with a simple, "What's going on?"

I sneezed and sighed a breath of relief, glad to be myself again. "It happens when I catch a cold. I call it 'sneeze-shifting'. My immune system goes haywire and I just can't control my shifting." After a moment of silence, I leaned back in my bed and asked, "Can I have my orange juice?"

Loki nodded and I smiled as I took it from him and slowly drank it. But he was quick to ask, "Where's your jacket? You must be freezing."

"I am," I answered, the both of us knowing full well that it was the only thing in the universe to make me warm. "Natasha took it from me! She said it wouldn't keep me warm, but it's not like the tear was that bad! It just got a little scratch on our last mission..." It really wasn't that bad! The whole back of it needed to be stitched a bit... BUT IT WAS REALLY FINE. SHE DIDN'T NEED TO TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME!

"Here." My eyes widened as I felt Loki wrapping something warm around my neck.

I looked down and saw his green scarf. "L- Lo, this is your scarf." He hummed in acknowledgment, but I still argued, "I'll get all of my sicknesses on it! I told you, I have a cold!"

Loki obviously wasn't sure what that meant, for he quickly responded, "And... this will give you a warm? We can wash it later if you're so concerned. I'm a God. We can't catch your little Midgardian illnesses."

I pouted as I crossed my arms, now finished with my orange juice. "You're so stubborn, Loki."

"Well, you're-" Sneeze. Loki stopped as he narrowed his eyes on me. He hesitantly continued his statement. "A... deer..."

"What?!" I looked frantically at me before shoving my face in the blankets. "I need medicine."

"You need Doctor Banner, Daniel. Come on." Loki stood and gestured for me to follow him. I wobbly got to my feet- well, actually hooves...- as I slowly followed behind. I knew he was very right. I did need a doctor.

My ears flapped against my head as I didn't have the energy to do much besides follow behind Loki.

Sneeze.

Duck.

Sneeze.

Llama.

Ugh. The day couldn't possibly get any worse! "I'm an ugly, stinky llama!" I shoved my head into Loki's torso. "Llama face!"

Loki pat my head comfortingly as we stood in the elevator. We rode all the way down to the science lab where Tony and Bruce were going over designs for the hulk-sized suit. Loki announced, "Banner, Daniel needs your assistance."

The two scientists looked up from what they were doing and Tony immediately began to laugh. "You brought a llama with a scarf! Cute, reindeer games!"

Sneeze

Horse.

I sighed. "I have too many issues and one of them is Tony." As if understanding my evil eye, he instantly excused himself from the room.

Bruce knelt beside me as he felt my forehead. "There's no fever from what I can tell. But that was one bad sneeze, Daniel. Any other symptoms you can tell me?"

Sneeze

Bruce Banner. I. Was. Bruce. Frikin. Banner.

I sighed as I explained, "A bit of a sore throat. My head hurts a little. Sneeze-shifting. I also just want to sleep all day because I don't have the energy to-"

Sneeze

Rabbit.

Bruce smiled lightly, picking me up in his hands and setting me on the table. "Wait here. I have some medicine that should work pretty fast."

Loki sat in a chair next to me and I hopped next to him as Bruce left the room. I sighed and put my head on the table as Loki passed his gentle fingers over my ears. "Loki, I really feel horrible today."

"It'll pass, Daniel. Banner is going to help."

Sneeze

I was afraid to open my eyes. I didn't want to know what I turned into. But I heard Bruce's thundering footsteps as he returned and asked, "Hey, where did Daniel go?"

"Um..." Loki was hesitant to answer but I felt him get closer as he answered quietly, "Daniel's here."

I opened my eyes and found Loki towering above me. Bruce walked over and I found myself craning my neck just to look at the both of them. Of course... what else did I expect? I was a spider...

Loki picked me up in his hands and he held me between him and Bruce. Bruce watched me for a moment before saying, "I think he needs to be a little bigger to take the pills."

Sneeze

Kangaroo.

Loki held me like a baby in his arms as my tail dangled between his arms. I glanced over to Bruce and asked, "Will this do?"

I was sure he couldn't understand my animal talk but Loki understood me well enough as he replied, "I'm sure you're fine, Daniel."

Bruce held out the pills and helped me to swallow them. "It should only take a few minutes to kick in. But it will probably knock you out."

Sneeze

Sloth.

I attached myself to Loki's back like a bag as I muttered sleepily, "That's fine. Whatever... Lo, take me back to bed."

Loki pat my head as he nodded to Bruce. "Thank you, Banner." He then turned and walked me back to my room.

Sneeze

Daniel.

At the dramatic change, Loki paused to adjust my weight so I wouldn't fall off of him while he took me to my room to get over the cold.

(A/N: Still reminding you of my accepting of requests! ;D )