6-- Boxed In

A week and still Loki refuses to acknowledge what happened with his magic-restraining cuffs. He doesn't understand that it's important to acknowledge these sort of things! I sometimes wonder if he knows that admitting he has a problem is the first step!

I know... I should take my own advice sometimes.

Alright, I admit it, I have a problem, reader. I've been lying to you. Well, not lying... but I definitely haven't been telling you the truth about why I'm so terrified to tell anyone I'm gay. It affected me so much... I never really wanted to think about it.

But better to write this here, I suppose. Future reference for if I ever need to explain my deceit.

You see, when I was younger I was always told I could be whatever I wanted and my family would support me as long as I did good in life. I had the perfect family. But... they were homophobic. I'm not saying they were afraid of same-sex couples or anything! Though... that would have been slightly funny.

But... at the time, I didn't really know they were homophobic. Christians don't believe in same-sex couples! How was I supposed to know?! So when I turned 18 I told them I was gay. They didn't take it well.

I ended up on the streets until I managed to start up my own place in California.

And here I am, an Avenger, living amongst heroes! I don't want to lose this home too... I care too much about this team. It's best to remain silent and enjoy it while it lasts.

Daniel looked up at spotting Loki walking through the kitchen doors to pick up a snack. He grabbed a Snickers bar from the icebox and began to open it, but froze when he laid eyes on the shapeshifter.

Daniel lifted an eyebrow as he studied Loki. "Sneaking a snack before lunch, buddy? Steve wouldn't approve."

Loki paused for a moment before opening it and shoving it into his mouth and shrugging his shoulders. He muttered a response but Daniel couldn't hear him as he put the wrapper on the counter and began to walk out.

Daniel quickly blocked his path out of the kitchen and ignored his narrowed glare. "Why are you ignoring me?! I was only trying to help you! Would you rather be alone to defend yourself in the tower?"

Loki turned his head, refusing to meet his heavy gaze as the Prince too proudly replied, "If it gets you off of my back then yes, I would rather be alone."

Daniel's eyebrows knitted together as his response left him too shocked to reply. Loki stepped aside and passed around him but as he was walking towards the elevator Daniel knew he had to confront him about his issues.

He transformed into a wolf as he bolted after the God of Mischief. He turned as if to check out what the noise was behind him but he panicked as he saw Daniel charging at him. Wolf-Daniel growled as he pounced onto Loki's chest, sending the both of them flying into the elevator. His tail hit multiple buttons as the elevator closed the two of them in it.

He then turned back human as he was sitting on top of Loki's torso. "Stop it! Stop right now! You are going to talk to me like friends are supposed to do!"

"Like friends are supposed to do?!" He scrunched his nose up as he shoved Daniel off of him, pinning him to the ground below him. "Don't be such a hypocrite! If we could confide in each other as you say then maybe I wouldn't see you holding your breath every time you looked at me from across a room! Your eyes are windows to the soul and I can very clearly see the biggest burden of a secret that you carry!"