2-- Behind Enemy Lines

Did I mention how beautiful Loki's eyes are? They're like a mix between blue and green. If I stared long enough I wonder if I could possibly get lost in his orbs.

Wait... Loki's probably straight. I have to remind myself of that. I'm not actually Sigyn. He doesn't actually love me... Does he love me? I just assumed he still had feelings for me- er... for Sigyn. If I want to pull this off I have to make sure he's still madly in love with me. After all, I just rose from the dead. What wouldn't he do for me?

"Loki, my love." 'Sigyn' stepped closer to the cell, careful to keep her distance. She was aiming to look as though she were eager to see her love after many years, but also hold back, fearful of the criminal he had become. She pushed strands of hair behind her ear, tapping her earpiece on as she did so. She would want to make sure she could hear their orders clearly.

He stepped closer to the glass door until his hands were pressed against it as if he were eager to just jump out and see if she were actually there. However, his hands were balled into fists as he glared her down. His soft expression, turning hard and cold. "What sort of Midgardian trickery is this?! Sigyn is dead! She's gone..." 

"I'm sorry." She whispered as she took another daring step forward. "I'm here for you, my darling Loki. I talked to the mortals, they refused to let you out of your cell. I need you to help me get you out of this mess."

"I... cannot. How are you here?" Loki's anger went down as he gazed at her. He was steadily falling into the trap that was laid out for him. 

"Loki, please," She begged in the saddest tone she could pull. In a few quick steps, she was outside of the door in front of him with her hand against his, separated by the glass between them. "Please, I can't stand to see you like this. Thor told me... He came for me and told me what you planned to do. My Loki - my darling Loki, you would never do such a thing." He was being far too difficult for 'Sigyn's liking.

Loki laughed as though she had told him a funny joke. He turned away from her with that smile still plastered on his face. "It's not my call, love. This planet will be made to kneel before me and you... now you will be at my side. These mortals will fall, it's only a matter of time. With you here... I realize I cannot fail."

She was making progress. He was opening up to her; but what was he rambling on about? "I don't understand what you're talking about. At one point I may have been willing to follow you to death, but not here. I'll not follow this stranger that I love. You can't rule this realm, Loki!"

Pain flashed across his face before he shouted, "You don't understand! You're just like Thor! I only ask that you follow me! Why must you be so difficult?! I love you, Sigyn!"

"If you love me, why can't you let this silly dream go?"

An ultimatum. Just the thing Loki was worried of. But his eyes coldly met hers in a solid resolve. "I will protect this realm better than you would understand. Despite what you say... I will do everything to protect you as well."

'Sigyn' was suddenly thrown off her feet as the ship was suddenly rocked by a violent explosion. She looked at Loki who was standing there smiling at the good work he had done. But a voice suddenly came through her earpiece, "Daniel, stay with Loki at all costs. By the way it looks, you're the only one that might be able to get to him and figure out how to stop this whole thing."

She stood to her feet, however, she stood stock still as she realized the door was open to the cell between the two of them. They stared at each other, waiting for the other to make the first move. He was the first. He stepped cautiously closer to her until his arms wrapped around her and his nose was nuzzled in her hair.

She shook herself out of her frozen thoughts as she wrapped her arms around his neck, holding him close. "My Loki... what do you have to lose that you would go through so much trouble to protect us?"

His hand trailed through her hair as he whispered, "Not now, darling." He then lead her to where two of his men were standing. "You'll go with them to the jet and wait for me."

Loki was turned and walking away before she had the chance to ask any questions or reject. One of the men took her by the arm to take her to their destination and she simply glared at him. She pulled away from his touch and resorted to following him to the jet. It was rather difficult to breathe on the top portion of the Helicarrier, and 'Sigyn was relieved when she was finally able to enter the jet and take a seat.

As soon as she was sure no one could hear her, she pressed the button in her ear and whispered, "I'm going to be leaving with Loki and his men. I'll update when I find out anything else."

'Sigyn' sat up straight with her hands in her lap as Loki entered the jet. As soon as the ramp was closed, they were off. He sat beside her and took her hand in his. "You are so willing to come with me. Tell me again that you would not follow me?" He smiled with mischief dancing in his eyes. 

That! That was genuinely Loki! He was being more of himself and 'Sigyn' just had to get him wrapped around her finger. Well... She knew she had to start somewhere... She held her breath, only sparing a glance at Loki. She then launched herself forward, locking her lips with Loki's. His eyes were wide with shock before he melted into her soft kiss.

After a moment she broke apart to breath. It was quiet for a few minutes before she finally gained the courage to ask, "Will you answer my questions now?" Surely he would be more willing to cooperate with her now. 

He was silent as though considering this. His shoulders shrugged as he answered, "In Stark Tower, perhaps. You and I need to have a talk."

What was that supposed to mean? Was that a bad thing? What kind of talk did he want to have? I really should stop asking you all of these questions, reader. I'm probably freaking you out more than I'm freaking out! 

Wouldn't you be freaking out if you just had to kiss a guy while pretending to be his Goddess girlfriend?! Reader, God, I'm freaking out. I'm neck deep in enemy territory and any wrong move could cost me everything! Well... not everything... but you get what I mean! 

I'm really getting pretty tired of messing with his emotions like this. I also hate being a female. Don't get me wrong, reader, nothing is wrong with females. I just completely rather be my male self. I can't wait for this to all blow over so I can go back to being Daniel Bennett! What I wouldn't give to hear Loki call me Daniel instead of Sigyn. 

Daniel, I love you. Daniel, I will stop my war on Midgard for you.

That would be nice to hear. But so much for that. I wouldn't come out gay to this hot psychopath in a million years! Would you, reader? I wouldn't. I'll just treasure the love we're sharing now.