19-- Cliche

(A/N: Sorry for all of these authors notes at the beginning of every chapter but you guys really need to watch a little Marvel animated episode called "Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Frost Fight" It's seriously the best Christmas thing ever and Loki tries to steal Santa's powers! AGH. You need to find it and watch it! XP That little episode was also the inspiration for this chapter so Daniel IS NOT WRONG. Santa Claus is real. Don't listen to Nat, the darn nonbeliever. Thor knows! Thor and Loki have experience!)

Natasha is so embarrassing. Why in the hell did I have to agree to a stupid date?! Okay... it's not entirely stupid... I am closer to Loki... I mean, a bit awkwardly closer to Loki- even with him drinking from my smoothie.

I hate this stupid date though! How stupidly cheesy for a first date!! I get that it was my idea to invite Loki and Thor for smoothies, but why in the world did Natasha have to turn it into a date?!?! How much more cliche can you possibly get?? We shared a smoothie for crying out loud!

Natasha suggested with a smile, "Maybe we should head back to the tower since everyone is finished here."

Daniel agreed far too quickly, "Totally. It's getting chilly outside anyway with all of this snow."

"We have to leave so soon?" Thor looked sad at having to leave the small shop that was decorated with a Christmas tree and other Christmas themed decorations. "I was hoping to see more Midgardians celebrate for their holiday!"

Daniel smiled in agreement, though he explained, "The actual holiday is actually not until a couple days from now, Thor. It's only December 23. People are just really getting into the mood since Christmas is really almost here."

Natasha nodded as she added, "But we're still going to let you guys in on the festivities, don't worry."

Daniel jumped out of his seat excitedly with a childish smile as he exclaimed across the table, "Like baking cookies for Santa and putting presents under the tree! Oh! We could even make a gingerbread house to go with the little gingerbread men we made!"

Loki was confused as his eyes narrowed and he asked, "Baking cookies for who?"

With a slightly amused smile in Daniel's direction, Natasha explained for the lost Asgardians, "Santa Claus- call him what you will. Myth says that Christmas Eve he flies around the world on a magic sleigh pulled by eight magical reindeer delivering presents to all the children of the world. But that's just a myth for children's entertainment."

Daniel looked away slightly as he muttered, "Loki and Thor were myths until they showed up, weren't they?"

Natasha almost dropped her cup at hearing his mutter. She looked across the table with slightly widened eyes. "Wait, you seriously believe in Santa?"

Daniel flushed with embarrassment as he defended himself, "So what if I do? It's just like believing in a God isn't it?" Glancing at the two gods, he looked for some kind of support.

Thor offered a supportive smile as he inputted, "Asgard has tales such as that! Don't we, Loki? We call him Jolnir. He delivers presents to all the children of the nine realms just as your Santa Claus."

"Right," Loki muttered, evidently disinterested in the conversation at hand.

Thor laughed at Loki's melancholy. "Don't be sad, brother! I meant no harm in gifting you rocks."

"That isn't why I don't like the holiday!" Loki growled with a hand curled into a fist on the table top. There was evidently something more to their history with Christmas than Loki was willing to explain, and Daniel knew exactly what it was.

He patted Loki's arm and said quietly, "Don't worry about it, Loki. It's all fine. Remember what I said." Loki nodded but said nothing more as Thor and Natasha were watching with odd smiles. This gave way to a very awkward silence on their walk home.

As they traveled, Natasha discreetly pulled Daniel to the side and suggested, "Hey, ask him on a date tonight. Rockefeller Center. Big Christmas tree." She gave a wink, leaving Daniel absolutely speechless.

His eyes were wide as he breathed, "What?? I can't do that! That's way too-" But Natasha was gone before he was allowed to finish his argument. He sighed in frustration as he rubbed his cold, gloved hands together. He finished quietly to himself, "That's way too cliche, Nat..."

His heart thumped quickly in his chest as he looked towards Loki. Ask him on a date... Just him and Daniel... on a date... easier said than done... He knawed the inside of his cheek as he weighed his options. It was two days before Christmas and one day before Christmas Eve... Maybe Daniel wouldn't get utterly rejected. But then again.... what if he did?

Thor! Thor was the perfect person to talk to! He was Asgardian and he wasn't Loki!

Daniel followed Thor to his room as the four of them went their separate ways. As soon as Thor had the door open, Daniel tackled him inside and slammed the door shut.

Thor was staring up at him with wide eyes as he asked, "Daniel, what are you doing in here?"

"I need to talk to you," Daniel admitted quickly.

Thor couldn't help himself. A large grin spread across his face as he asked knowingly, "Is it about my brother?"

It was Daniel's turn to widen his eyes. "W- What?!"

"Lady Natasha has told me of your Midgardian crush on Loki!" Without giving Daniel time to feel embarrassed, Thor wrapped his arms around the smaller boy while saying, "I'm thrilled that you fancy my brother. Is it true you plan on courting him soon?"

Daniel was a literal mess with red cheeks as he gaped at Thor. A few small, feeble noises managed to escape his mouth, but he couldn't find it in him to make a response.

Thor was practically smothering Daniel in his arms. It took a moment and a big gulp of air before he was able to exclaim, "Why would she tell you?!"

Thor allowed Daniel to pull away but didn't have a single ounce of guilt as he explained, "I simply observed your interactions and we conversed about it. You're quite obvious, small Daniel."

"Eh?!" He pouted with a glare, "I'm not that small! Maybe I don't even want your help anymore!"

Daniel turned as was prepared to leave the room before he heard Thor suddenly shout, "Good luck, Daniel!" With a huff, Daniel left the room.

Thor was no help. Well... with the date thing. But... his reaction kind of makes me think that Asgardians accept homosexuality. I mean, Thor had seriously no problem with me having a crush on his brother!

Well... I guess I better go plan my own date with Loki for tonight... or maybe tomorrow! I'm not ready at all for tonight! I can make a great plan for tomorrow! All day, me and Loki!

(A/N: Another note, sorrryyyy! But this is about Loki's birthday! It's important! Today, December 17, is Loki Laufeyson's official birthday, trust me! Look it up if you don't believe me! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LIL BBY JOTUN BOY! 💖💖 So I'm planning on writing a small part to celebrate that! But since in the book it's December 23 I'm going to have to improvise and little does Loki know that Daniel has a surprise up his sleeve. But I probably won't be able to update until tomorrow morning. So late Loki-Birthday chapter will be quickly made for tomorrow! Love you, reader! But I love Loki more, no offense! 😘😘 I'm sure you're agreeing with me anyway and saying "Saaaaaame!")