CHAPTER 14

***************
And then my soul saw you and it kind of went "Oh, there you are. I've been looking for you."
***************

AVIANA ASHLEY CARLSON

It's always like an adventure when it comes to the day of seeing my baby inside my belly. It gives me the sensation of love, happiness, and protection. I can never explain how much excitement I'm feeling right at this moment but at the same time nervous because Calvin is with me and not knowing what he thinks about coming here with me for the ultrasound.

This is the first time of having my ultrasound with him. I know deep inside me I've been wishing this day to come. It sounds crazy but I want to spend every single step of my pregnancy with him. If risking my heart is the only way to give everything that my baby needed I am willing to do the best I could.

My phone rang and I almost jumped at the sound. Scratching my belly to soothed some itchiness. I immediately responded when saw it was Calvin calling me.

"Hey! Is everything alright? It's okay if you called to tell me you can't come I perfectly understand. I...I will ask the driver to accompany me to the clinic." I said in a rush due to sudden panic and mixed emotions.

"Hey! don't cry everything is alright. I called because I was just about to inform you that I'm on my way home to come to get you." He answered in his very calm voice. I wipe my cheeks to see if I'm crying and I am. Damn hormones it's making me a cry baby.

"But it's only 10 and my appointment is at 13:00."

"I know, we are going to the town."

"Town?" I asked incredulously. I didn't expect him to ask me to go to town. Ever since we came here I never had the chance to go anywhere else especially with him alone.

"Yes, I'm at the front porch. I will just have to make some phone calls. You can take your time to get ready." And just like that, he ended the call without giving me a chance to respond.

It didn't take too much time for me to get ready because I already did take a bath early in the morning. I put on my grey maxi dress and paired it with a khaki jacket and a pair of sandals. I brought everything I need for the check-up and put everything inside my shoulder bag. I glimpse one last time in the mirror to make sure everything is in order. I don't know why but I just had the urge to dress well. Maybe because I'm worried about what other people will say about me when they saw me with the famous man whore.

I went directly outside and I found him still on the phone. As I went nearer I can hear his conversation I can only hear his part of the conversation.

"....I know my time is running out and I have to find her as soon as possible. Call me when you find some information about her," he ordered, as he disconnected the call upon hearing my footsteps coming close to him.

He turns to look at me with a serious expression but upon seeing me he stood still and I felt as if my breath had been cut short when I saw a flash of fire on those dark eyes as he checks me up and down.

I felt like the time had stopped, the world halted spinning and the people around us disappeared. My nerves started to tingle and my palms are becoming sweaty as he took a step forward to where I am standing. I held my breath as he pulled me into his arms, both of his hands held my hips close to his body. I can smell his manly perfume that makes me go crazy.