thirtythree

It was silent.

Nobody spoke, the radio was off, and even the air condition wasn't blowing. Jahil simply stared at the road, tapping the wheel sometimes or looking over at Kaid who was busy texting Noonie, trying not to fall asleep.

They'd been in the car for about two hours making it about two in the morning, Kaid was starting to get paranoid at where they were going. He thought Jahil was driving him out somewhere to get killed and if that were the case Noonie would know.

She was too worried to sleep, so her and Xiomara bing watched Black-ish while eating all the junk food they could find.

Bae❤️: we passing through Manhattan rn

Bae❤️: im lowkey scared

Noonie sighed as she read the texts Kaid sent her just as the next episode began to play. Xiomara was fast asleep next to her on Kaid's mattress with her hands halfway into a bag of hot fries.

Baby😩: I'm scared enough for the both of us, he needs you he can't kill you

Bae❤️: I hope you right

"What's so interesting on that phone?" Jahil blatantly asked, moving into the right lane to exit the highway into Manhattan.

"Bullshit" Kaid shrugged.

"You aren't worried that we're a ways away from town?"

Kaid examined where he was, passing by restaurants and hotels, his stomach began to growl from the smell of fries that was seeping into the car. "Nah like I said I'm loyal and I'm hoping you are too so I ain't worried too much...wassup with some food though man?"

"We'll stop and get some food before we check into the hotel..I have some people I want you to meet first" Jahil sighed turning left into a fancy hotel named 'House of Cards'. The outside was a shiny gold decorated glass with black decorations covering the outside along with the logo.

Jahil parked behind the building in a parking spot that had his name on it, took Kaid inside through the back door and led him to an elevator.

Kaid didn't ask any questions, he didn't try and remember where they were going or what they were doing since he was tired, he simply followed Jahil to wherever he was taking him updating Noonie every couple of minutes.

"Put your phone away it's time for business" Jahil announced just as the elevator opened up to the first floor exposing what seemed like and elegant get together.

Men were dressed in fancy suits holding women wearing expensive jewelry and drinking aged champagne on their arms. A live violinist stood in the middle of the floor playing a slow and gentle song not helping the fact that Kaid was tired.

"I could've dressed a little better" Kaid mumbled beginning to walk past everyone following Jahil to the back of the room.

His eyes scanned the men and women who gave him looks as he walked passed them, nodding his head at a few who were good looking.

Eventually Kaid was led to a back room that was more his scene. It was a studio playing smooth R&B music as people sat drinking Hennessy and giving or getting a lap dance. A voice began to sing in the studio and Kaid was amazed.

A short fair skinned girl was holding one headphone to her ear singing a smooth scat melody to the beat. Her attire consisted of an off the shoulder olive green sweater dress and flat white sandals on her feet which accented her toes which were painted black. The girl's face wasn't beat but she did have her eyebrows done with a touch of mascara.