e̶i̶g̶h̶t̶

I wanted to cry or vent to somebody so I called the only person I knew would listen.

My Dad.

The phone rang in my ears as I bit my lip feeling warm tears spill down my cheeks.

"Daddy?" I sniffled. "Can I talk to you?"

"Yo! I can't talk right now but I can catch you later..leave a message or don't who gives a fuck" His voice message sounded.

My Dad has been dead for two years now, he was involved in a terrible plane crash coming back home from a business trip. When he was away and I needed to talk, all I had to do was call and he would drop everything he was doing.

After he and my Mom got divorced a year before his death, she kicked him out and then continued to try and make me believe that he didn't want to see me anymore or talk to me.

She did everything in her power to keep me away from him.

And then he died.

For my own sanity whenever my Mother wasn't being the best supporter which she almost never was, I would call his number just to listen to his voice.

Sometimes I even thought he'd answer back.

Fed up with my own bullshit I tossed my phone across the room satisfied by the sound the glass made when it cracked.

Ryan knocked peeping into the doorway of my room.

"Cleo?"

I rolled my eyes facing away from the door feeling my forehead throb from me crying.

"Sweetie what's wrong?"

Groaning I quickly replied so she'd leave me alone. "Nothing I'm fine"

I heard her sigh and felt the bed shift from her sitting on it, I really didn't want to talk to her. She should be showering trying to wash the pedophilia off of her.

"Cleo you can tell me" She spoke rubbing the small of my back. I could smell the essence of another man on her which made me sick to my stomach.

"Where's Derrick?" I announced sitting up to face her despite my face looking like hell.

"Uh he's at work he should be home in a while why?" She asked sounding like nothing was wrong.

I sighed picking myself up from the bed. "Nothing, I'm going to Jaleah's I'll be back later"

♠️♠️♠️

"Ion know I mean she the reason I'm not locked up but she could also be the reason I am" I sighed running a hand down my face.

I was talking with Stace and Kareem at my apartment, venting about the situation with Noonie. I wasn't stupid, I knew I couldn't just not obey Malik's wishes cause he could have me in a ditch somewhere.

"I don't like that shit man" Stace began holding an ice pack to his right eye. "She a good girl she ain't one of them lame hoes Kareem be fuckin' with"

"Come on nah don't bitch up just cause she nice, she clearly ain't nice enough to where she'll keep her mouth shut and quit talking bout' my girl" Kareem scoffed leaning back on my sofa.