Pre-wedding rituals with punjabi tadka😉

Start from the beginning

Chaj
{Explaining a little about Jago: in simple language it's just like sangeet. The bride and groom's family go to their friend's house all way singing "gavandio (neighbours) jaagde (awake) ke (yaa) sutte (asleep)". One of the lady has a ghaggar (mtka type vessel) on her head. It's a fun ceremony with dance, msti and lots more. The friend or who ever they are visiting open both the gates of the door and the house is fully lighted. They arrange refreshments for the family. At his/her house the jago group dance and then return back.
This is what I have seen and tried my best to explain baaki you google}].

Even the men joined them in between. The jago was passed time to time to the other cousins too. They reached Gaurav's house and his mother put the oil drops on both the sides of entrance of the gate.

The jago entered and the dhool vala started to play again. Hugging and meeting each other they danced on the beat. Gaurav's mother noticed Manik's absence so she stopped and again.

Gaurav's mother- Neyonika ji, Manik kithe(kaha) ee (hai). Haiii(hwww) vea (shaadi) vla (vaala) munda (larka) ee (he) nae dis (nazar) rea (raha).

Neyonika- Manik..... (she looked here n there). Itte(yha) ee(pe) se hunne(abhi) ta(toh)...

Manik who was standing with the other boys at back spoke

Manik- arre aunty yhi hu mein.

Gaurav's mother- puttar(beta) tu othe(vaha) ke(kya) krrea (krra) ee(hai). Sukh(happiness) nal(sath) tera vea(shaadi) ee(hai) te(aur) tu piche khara ee(hai). Agge aa chl.

He with Gaurav, Cabir and Dhruv came in front.

Cabir- aunty hummara aage kya kaam.... yeh sb toh ladies ka kaam hai. Hum bhe piche piche chl rae hai.

Gaurav's mother- haiiii... haiii... kyooo??? Nacho gao hoor(aur) ke (kya). Chal (chl) dhool vaale phai(bhaiya) vja (bja).

She pulled all the boys and they danced with the others girls. She roamed money from their head and gave it to the dhool vaala.

Coming back to the hotel, the DJ was all set to rock. The ladies changed in comfy wear from the traditional outfits and joined the dance floor. Late night everyone retired to bed.
_________________________________________

It was ten in the morning and Nandini thought of calling Manik. Manik who on the other hand was in deep sleep groaned hearing the phone call. He sleepily picked up the call.

Conversation
Manik- hello!!!!

Nandini- Manik you are still sleeping ?? Uthke time dekho...

Manik- let me sleep yrr. Kl bohot thak gae.

Nandini- toh kisne bola tha itna dance krne ko....

Manik- hmmm....

He was going in sleep again. She thought of something and spoke

Nandini- Manik aapko pta hai mein na Vicky se mili. By god.... he has grown so handsome.

And sleep was forgotten business for Manik. He opened his eyes and sat with the bed rest.

Manik- kon vicky??? Kaha mili tum????