{Home Sweet Home}

Start from the beginning

"I'm not touching them things, I call searching the others." Eevee wrinkled her nose as the walkers in their gear. She could only imagine how disgusting that job was going to be and she wasn't planning on losing the minimal amount of food she had in her stomach over some chest plates and helmets. Daryl jumped on the chance to avoid them too, leaving Glenn and T-Dog with the task. They quickly searched the other guards and even the prisoners before moving inside to drop their find on a common room table.

"Still ain't found no guns."

"Guards won't carry guns, just nightsticks and riot repellents. Guns would've been checked in at the front of the prison, the other side. Keeps prisoners from being able to steal lethal weapons in the case of said riot or break out." Eevee rattled off as her and Rick started to separate the things they found.

"Still not bad. Flashbangs, CS Triple-Chasers. Not sure how they'd work on walkers, but we'll take it." Eevee moves over towards the riot removal process and cringed backwards when Dog lifted a glove that fountained out walker rot and clouded the room with the stench of decaying skin.

"I ain't wearing that shit." Daryl grumbled as he glared the glove down like it was his arch nemesis. Eevee nodded in agreement with him as the second glove splurged out even more gooey waste.

"We could boil 'em." Eevee's disgusted expression morphed into an indignant one at the idea that boiling them would change anything.

"There isn't enough firewood in the whole forest."

"Besides, we made it this far without 'em, right?" Carol stepped into the main floor, a look of concern screened behind a mask of calm.

"Hershel." She kicked her head back for him to follow her away from the others, catching Rick's concern by doing so.

"Everything alright?" The frail woman nodded almost too quickly.

"Yeah. Nothing to worry about." The two left and Rick visibly battled with the urge to go after them and demand to know what's going on, but Eevee stopped his internal debate with a hand to his shoulder.

"They'll be fine, she's got Hershel and Carol and Beth. We need you focused on this. We need you here." He nodded and tunneled his focus back to the task at hand- searching for the cafeteria and infirmary. Finding the necessities.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm here." She nodded and gripped his shoulder as they started to pack their weapons and move for the hallway on the other side of the common room. Carl snatched up his own gun and start to follow them, stopped by Rick with a hand to his shoulder.

"You won't need that. You're staying put." Carl recoiled with anger and glared up at his dad.

"You're kidding!" Eevee stood by his dad with a soft smirk at the indignant boy.

"We don't know what's in there. Something goes wrong, you could be the last man standing pequeño rey. We're going to need you to take care of things here. Hang on." She tugged a scrap of copy paper from her pocket and a pen she took off a guard. Spreading out the crumpled paper, she took off the cap and scratched out her grids and X's with dots inside again like she did on the hood of the truck and wrote another easy sentence then handed it to him.

|- |_•[•/\[] <•[•<

"When I get back, you should have that decoded and have written your response at least twice if not more. Think you can do that for me?" He smiled brightly and nodded, taking the pen and paper from her.

"Sure."

"Great see you soon, pequeño rey." She smiled back and nodded to Rick to give him the keys so they could get going.

"Let's go." Eevee gently flicked the brim of Carl's sheriff hat with a wink before she followed Rick back to the others. They quickly stepped into the black hallway, Carl closing and locking it behind them in case a walker came by and pushed against it.

"What was that about?" Rick whispered as they turned a corner and waited for Daryl to spray paint an arrow to show the turn they took.

"Figured he would need something to keep his mind occupied instead of worrying himself to mania." The cop nodded lightly as they made another turn, slamming to a stop when the stench of rot and the growl of walkers echoed down the hall.

"Go back." The crowded herd trampled around the corner. "Go back! Move!" They turned to go back the way they came, blocked by three prisoners and a civilian from the outside.

"Walkers!" Eevee yelped as one took a swipe at her, earning nothing but a blade to the brain. The group moved down the other hallway and took separate turns, splitting Maggie and Glenn from the rest who found a small supplies closet to take a breather in. Rick, Hershel and T-Dog took three of the four corners and left Daryl and Eevee pushed chest-to-chest at the door wedged between a wall and a shelf of cleaning supplies.

"How cozy." She grumbled as her spine smacked into a shelf with each breath she took.

"Where's Glenn and Maggie?" Hershel spoke to break off whatever sarcastic remark Daryl was going to growl back. "We have to go back."

"But which way?" They looked to the small woman trying to keep from hitting either the shelf or Daryl.

"I only know the way we took, I can't say where they would go. If they're smart they did what we did and found a closed room to wait for the walkers to pass by." Rick nodded and motioned for them to go now that it was clear for the moment they had. Eevee took the lead in going back to the crossroads that split them up. Everyone quietly whispered for the missing two.

"Glenn? Maggie?" As they moved, nobody noticed that Hershel had moved down a separate hall to check and see if they were down there. All they knew was one second it was quiet and the next his screams were ripping down the halls.

"Oh, God help me! Oh, God!" His screams brought both the entire group and the wandering walkers they had been trying to avoid. Rick tore his bit leg from the decaying zombie as Eevee jumped forward and bury a knife into its skull.

"Go! Go! Back!" Everyone glanced behind them but was met with another wave of walkers.

"We're blocked!" T-Dog shouts angrily as he piked a walker in the head. Eevee pushed Rick and Hershel into the metal doors on the other side of the hall and called for the others to follow.

"Get in! Shut the door!" Daryl and T-Dog slammed it shut and the dark man shoved his crow bar through the handles to keep the dead from pushing the doors open further. With the doors secured, they moved to the wailing Hershel that Eevee had held down by the shoulders.

"Hold him down." Her voice jolted the men into movement to grab anything of the older man they could and pin it to the concrete. Rick nodded and slid his hatchet from his belt.

"Only one way to keep you alive." He lifted his hatchet above his head and brought it down on the man's leg with a sickening squelch of flesh. He brought it down into the bone and cleaved off the final few inches of his leg with the last chop. Eevee motioned for Maggie to take her place beneath the passed out man's head so she could take a look at the work Rick had done.

"He's bleeding out." She looked for something to help tie off the stump to slow the bleeding until they could get to C Block again. Instead of a belt or rope, she caught the shadows of five enemies pushing to a stand on the other side of a gated counter. She swallowed her urge to instantly say something and instead tapped Daryl on the thigh and ducked her head towards the other side of the room to tell him that there was company. His pastel eyes flicked upwards before he started to reach for his crossbow slowly. Both him and Eevee spoke in unison as she unhooked the straps keeping her guns holstered.

"Duck." Rick did as they demanded and ducked low as they both stood with weapons drawn. By her count, there was only five; a scrawny black man, a burly and towering man of the same skin color, a Hispanic with a look in his eye that reminded her of Shane, a tanned man taller than the scrawny one but shorter than the mountainous inmate, and a squirrelly man with strawberry red hair and a ratted handlebar mustache. Eevee pulled back the hammers on her guns as Daryl cocked back his arm and slid his index into the trigger.

"Holy shit."