Chapter 45

As her and Christoph walked through the mountain, she took this as her chance to ask about Sven.

        "Who's Sven?"

        "He's like a brother...Elsa hurt him on the way to Storybrook. He loved her! Idiot!"

        "What did she do specifically?"

        "They say she froze his brain and his heart...he's lucky to have a pulse at all..according to my father..."

        "Will he make it?"

        "We don't know...thanks for having Hook look after him while we went after Elsa..."

        "Yeah..."

        "I think this is it..." he said as he stopped upon a small cave, glazed over with ice and frost. As they entered, he saw a young girl passed out on the floor and went near her. She had a weak pulse and was extraordinarily pale. Her fingers were blue and it appeared that her veins themselves were made from ice, they were shining crystal blue.

        Christoph carried her all the way back to the hospital, still slightly intoxicated. When they arrived, Killian was already there in the waiting room. He went to Emma and they shared a sweet and quick kiss.

        "What are you doing here?"

        "Sven woke up.. he didn't say much, just was mumbling some words so I thought taking him here would be best..."

        Christoph appeared to be in shock.

        "He's been here unconscious for months! How?" Christoph asked to Killian.

        "I'm not sure...It's a frightening thing aye?"

        Christoph, without saying a word, darted down the hallway to find Sven smiling when he saw him. Elsa was placed on a gurney and put on fluids to wake her up. She had hypothermia and only had maybe an hour or so to live, if Emma and Christoph wouldn't have brought her back.

        Emma fell asleep on Killian's arm as she awaited news on Elsa. He watched her as she cuddled up to him and he gently kissed her lips.

        "Sorry to wake you up, your lips are too enticing." he said with a sweet smile. She smiled and looked in his eyes but was interrupted by the sound of a scream.

        Elsa was awake and she screamed at a man hovering over her hospital bed.

        "Get away from me Sven!"

        "I just need to talk to you..."

        "Get away!" but as she screamed, nothing happened. No ice spears, no frosted ground, nothing. And that's when she noticed...she didn't have her necklace. She clutched for it to find it missing and jumped from the bed, pushing past Sven, Emma, and Killian.

        "Elsa! Let us help you!"

        "You can't! You could never understand!"

        "Help us to understand..."

        "Tell me how to deal with your sister sacrificing herself for you and the only way you have to save her is missing!"

        "Your necklace can save her?"

        "You need it to trade to Rumple, don't you?"

        "How did-"

        'I have ways...Once I get it back, I'll bring it to you I promise. She sacrificed herself for me...I saw the monster I've become, I'm sorry to you all..I was truly something I refused to being for so long. I just need to save her."

        "Who would take the necklace?"

        "Who wanted it most?" Killian asked, giving Emma the "look" they always shared when referring to a solution to a problem. It was a look that kind of worked like telepathy, they always knew what each other meant.

        "Why would he take it? We had a deal..."

        "What did you exchange?"

        "A spell for your necklace..."

        "What kind of spell?"

        "A defrosting one..."

        "Only true love can frost ice as thick and cold as that...her true love."

        "He played us?"

        "He came to see me...he found me and asked for the necklace and I refused. I attempted to run but he took it from me, by surprise. We need to shatter it before he makes the entire world into an eternal winter..."

        "Why would he do this?"

        "If you messed up everything you had, would you want a clean slate?"