Chapter 35

As Emma entered the castle, it took her breath away. Expensive and beautiful accents aligned the inside of the structure. There were about fifty rooms on the first floor, all decorated with statues, fresh flowers, and each with a window with a view of a different portion of town. Anna brought Emma to her room which she said used to be hers and Elsa's before they had met Rumple. Two small beds were pushed together to make a larger bed, an angelic type statue laid beautifully in the corner, books were shoved into a small corner and some had initials "E" and "A" on the cover. Out of desperate curiosity, Emma flipped through Elsa's to find it was a journal. Elsa was nine at the time this journal had been written but she wrote as if she was Emma's age. She talked about how she feared her abilities were dangerous and frightening. She stated that she wants to help protect her sister but she is unsure how.

        Emma's snooping was interrupted by Hook entering her room.

        "Wow!" he said as he look around the room. "Very picturesque... after spending the majority of your life on a ship...this is fairly...incredible..."

        "Yeah...it is something..." she said trailing off her last word.

        "What's wrong love?"

        "I just have this very strange feeling in my stomach...the same I had when I first saw Elsa..."

        "My love...please just try to relax...this place is extravagant...we are here together...we just have to wait it out a little while than we can go back home."

        When Hook said "home" it caused her to get goosebumps. She still got butterflies with the little things he did with her and to her.

        As he saw the look upon her face, he placed his hand along her cheek and sweetly kissed her lips. Their romantic and sweet moment was interrupted by Olaf. He barged into their room and started going off about the marvels of the castle.

        Eventually, later that night after a magnificent supper, the group was retiring to their bedrooms when Emma saw Christoph talking to a guard.

        "Are you sure there's nothing you can do?" Christoph asked desperately.

        "We don't have a choice I'm afraid..."

        "Okay...let me see him..."

        Christoph entered a door about three down from Emma's causing her curiosity to get the better of her.

        Emma approached the guard and told him he was being summoned by Anna. He marched off down the hall and Emma waited until she was unable to see him anymore until she slowly cracked open the door. As she moved it open, she peeked her eye through to find Christoph hovering over a young man in a bed. He looked between the ages of twenty to twenty-five and had blankets covering his body.

        "I am so sorry, I shouldn't have left..." he said as he held onto the man's hand.

        As Emma peered further in the room, a hand pulled her back...

*comment thoughts