Chapter Two

The sky was a depressing shade of gray as Hook, Emma, and David all walked to the town square. The clock read at 8:26 a.m. The towns folk were all gasping and covering their mouths with their hands and some were even looking away. On the ground, laid a huge dragon. Its scales were frosted at the tips and its eyes were of a solid crystalized appearance.

     The creature had just fallen from the sky and landed in front of the clocktower. David had had to stab the creature in the heart to kill the threat. Blood had spurted over his clothes as he thrusted the sword into the chest of the beast.

      "oh mate.... what happened...?" Hook asked as he stood next to Emma, genuinely concerned.

      "He was hovering and then fell... I had to finish him to make sure he did not kill anyone."

      "That doesn't explain the frost.." Emma said as she moved closer to the scales.

      "Or the eyes.." Hook added.

      "Maybe an ice dragon?"

      "Winter... in July?"

      They all stood around the creature deeply confused on the icy traits it portrayed.

       Regina watched from her lawn as all the town eventually dispersed. Emma and Hook remained in the square as David went to Snow White. They discussed possible theories but eventually retired home. At the late hours of the night, Hook left Emma's and went to his apartment. As he walked in the foggy air, his head began to feel light. He sat on a nearby bench to collect his health then moved along. Then a chill began to override his warmth... he began to shake uncontrollably and was able to see his breath. But then everything went black. Hook awoke to Snow shaking his arm and calling his voice. Hook did not remember what had happened other than it had gotten cold. Snow brought him to Granny's Diner. On his way walking in he looked at the table where him and Emma had shared their real first kiss and he smiled. As he walked into the diner, Emma sat with Henry-drinking hot chocolate. Emma jumped up as she saw him walk in but quickly looked to make sure nobody was watching then she hugged him.

    Snow, Henry, Granny, Ruby, and David had their backs turned as Henry showed them a story in the Once Upon A Time storybook. Emma's embrace released Hook.

    "I really wish I could kiss you..." Hook said as he pulled himself from her grasp.

    "Henry won't understand, neither will anybody else..."

     "They might surprise you love.." Hook said as he changed his gaze from Emma to the gang.

     "I just have to ease him into it..."

     "Alright. I understand." he said-lying through his teeth.

     In truth, Hook was saddened that he had to hide his relationship from Emma but he understood and respected her feelings. Unlike the other women he has courted, Hook wanted a future with Emma. She was the girl he would wait for, the one he gave his ship up for, the one he loved.

      As they seated, a girl with long blonde hair went up to the diner window. Her reflection showed her eyes saddened by the love, friendship, and affection she saw inside. The weather had been fairly humid but her icy breath fogged the glass. Her long train followed as she stomped down the street.