10 - Tessa

"SO ARCHIE ISN'T GOING to Danny's party," Charlotte moans as we sit and take a break between Games and hockey practice.

Coach is up the top, supervising the rest of the girls getting back on the bus, so he's letting us have a breather before team drills start.

"What?" I ask, taking the phone she's offering to me.

Sure enough there's a message from Archie and then Danny's reply.

Hey mate, I'm so sorry but I can't come to yours now. See has asked if I go to Callum's... and after what happened after today I can't really say no... x
I'll make it up, I promise..! x

No worries bud. Hope things are cool with you and her. Won't be as fun without you though x

"What's wrong?" I ask when I noticed she looks uneasy. "It's not the end of the world he's not coming," I smile. It means I can relax for one thing, and actually enjoy myself.

She nods. "Yeah, I suppose," she shrugs, thankfully understanding I didn't want to talk about it. "He's just a big part of the group, that's all."

"We can have fun without him," I nudge her with my elbow.

Fun was guaranteed at this party, that I knew. Despite being a quieter couple, Danny and Charlotte made us laugh until we cried. And with Matt and Millie there as well, I'm bound to have sore stomach muscles by the end of the night.

"I'm still going, and so are Millie and Matt. So you'll have us." She smiles. "We doing the usual?"

"Sure are. Drinks, pizza, beer pong, more drinks. Usual drill. Are you guys staying?"

I nod, "Yeah I was planning to. Is that okay?"

"Of course!" She smiles. "You and Millie can take Danny's brother's bedroom. He's away. Matt can sleep wherever he passes out." We both giggle at that.

"Cool," I take a sip of my water and I realise I hadn't told her about the drama from this morning.

"Oh so, erm, Archie and Dee had an argument earlier," I look at her to see how she reacts.

"What, really?" I nod. "How did you know?" She asks, sitting up as best she could despite being in half her goalie padding.

"Unfortunately I was there. He had his arm round me, and we wer-"

"Wait, he had his arm round you?" She shrieks and I see Dee and Becca look over at us. A scowl is decorating Dee's face and her eyes are so thunderous I have to turn away.

"Shush!" I put my hand over her mouth. "What the hell!"

She just shrugs as I take my hand away, not caring. "He had his arm round you... continue," she gestures with her hand to continue, clearly focussing on the important details.

I shake my head and narrow my eyes, continuing anyway. "He had his arm round me, and we were just talking. But then we heard her come up behind us."

"Ooh! Busted!"

I nod, "I know. Anyway, he removed said arm, and it was then super awkward, and Archie didn't know what to say."

"Archie didn't?" I shake my head. "Is that why she's giving you the stare of death right now?"

"Charlotte don't look at her! You'll make it worse!"

Given she'd already combusted about his arm around my shoulder, I decide not to tell her that Archie had practically pleaded for me to stay, just with a look. I don't even know if there even was a look to be honest, but I stayed anyway, whether he wanted me there or not.