๑۞ 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔜𝔬𝔲...۞ ๑

"Mione, come on," I hollered as I paced back and forth, wearing another layer of finish off the wood flooring in front of the staircase.

     I was getting tired of swallowing the slimy ooze in my throat and how my stomach slithered around, reminding me of when I'd been throwing up slugs. I was happy that I hadn't eaten anything all day, not that I could - I was too nervous.

     "On my way, Ronald," her singsong voice chimed.

     I wiped my sweaty palms down my shirt before realizing I should have used my dark pant's like a napkin instead and quickly inspected the white short-sleeve button-up for dirt or leftover food.

     Moments later, red high-heeled shoes appeared at the top of the stairs. Thin crimson leather straps wrapped up around Mione's toned calf, drawing my eyes up to the matching dress that hugged her everywhere and I couldn't believe how food didn't appeal to me at all suddenly - that never happens.

      When I'd finally made my way to her face, she was looking at me like I'd lost my marbles, "What are you doing?"

     "Nothing," I let go of my dirt free shirt and felt like an idiot.

     "You told me we were going somewhere very nice for dinner and to dress up. I hope this is what you meant." She scrunched her face and looked down at her dress and then back at what I was wearing.

     "You look...," I had to swallow hard at the tremendous amount of saliva flooding my mouth, "...beautiful."

     "Thanks. You look..." Her scrutinizing brown eyes ran over me, "...nice."

     I smiled nervously while thinking that I deserved to eat whenever and how much I wanted to because I'd been starved, running from crazy, mad wizards and witches for months on end and had helped save the wizarding world in the process. But the look on Mione's face was making me think I might have gone a little overboard.

     She'd descended the stairs as I'd worried over my weight and hadn't realized she was standing next to me until she nudged me with her elbow.

     "Where are we off to?"

     "It's a surprise, Mione," I answered while helping her into a light jacket.

     "So long as it's not the place a few blocks down that you always want to go to."

     "You mean, Glenda's Inn?"

     "Yes."

     "Why do you and Malfoy hate it so much?"

     "It's crowded, filthy, the food's not always edible, and that's if they manage to give you the right order."

     "They always give me the right one." I smiled.

     "No, Ronald, you get the wrong thing all the time, but you eat it anyway." She huffed, "I'll go eat with Draco and Harry if that's where you intend on going."  

     "No, we aren't going there."

     "Better not be," She warned. "I had a long day at work, and I'm looking forward to some good food like you promised me."

     Smiling, I wrapped an arm around her, "Ready?"

     She gave the all clear, and we walked to the corner where I apparated us outside a top rated restaurant. I'd reserved a table overlooking the waterfront and had requested her favorite meal for tonight.

     After sitting and getting our dinner salads, I realized I might not be able to eat with my usual gusto until I get everything off my chest. The conversation with Chiara Lobosca had my head spinning, and I was scared that I already lost her to Snape.