๑۞ 𝔘𝔫𝔢𝔵𝔭𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔑𝔢𝔴𝔰 ۞๑

Miss. Granger,

     First off, I wanted to let you know that the alterations we did to my original pain potion were a huge success. I'm pleased to say I've gone nearly a month without an episode. While it may not be warranted, I'm planning on altering it further with the addition of a few new things to help with better absorption for even faster results. I've added the new brewing process and herbs on another parchment for you to have a look at.

     As a token of my gratitude, I've included a picture that might pique your interest. It was taken about a month ago in Melbourne, Australia. I thought you could use the reassurance of knowing your parents are alive, appear to be doing well, and have even opened a new clinic. As promised, no contact has been made with them, but I thought you'd like an update.

     I understand your feeling on the matter, but I implore that you reconsider removing the memory enchantments so your parents can attend your graduation from Hogwarts. I'm sure they'd both love to be there when you are presented with the know-it-all award that I've insisted McGonagall create in your honor.

     In regards to Slughorn, I'd suggest you give careful consideration to how you approach him. He's unpredictable when it comes to critiquing his teaching style. Once, I'd tried telling him about a technique that I'd used, and he was so offended that I had the nerve to suggest such a thing that it took the better part of a month before he'd speak with me about potions again.

     I hope your classes and all other endeavors are challenging enough for someone with your impressive intellect.

     With fondest thoughts,

     Severus

     I sucked in a sharp breath and felt tears pool in my eyes as my trembling fingers pulled the picture of my parents free of the envelope.

     My heart squeezed with longing while looking at my mother, who'd obviously been in the sun without the proper use of sunscreen. The coloring made her look as happy and as vibrant as the smile on her pretty heart-shaped face. I wanted more than anything to have her hold me close and tell me that I was going to be okay, to be able to feel that sense of security that only she can give. My eyes moved to the other smiling figure, and I ran a finger along the side of my father's face, desperately trying to feel the prickly stubble he always seemed to have while imagining that I could smell his woodsy aftershave.

     I closed my eyes while taking several deep breaths to calm my tumultuous thoughts of relief, longing, and sadness.

     It meant a lot that Severus had wanted me to have this little bit of comfort. Unfortunately, the thought of him sent a different kind of desire-filled emotions through me to add to everything else that I was already experiencing.

     "Granger." A smooth voice caused me to jump, and I slipped the items from Severus into a book, quickly closing it before looking into the silver eyes of Draco Malfoy. My blood pressure began to steadily rise at his close proximity.

     "Yes," I ground out through clenched teeth while glancing around the library to see if we were being watched. When my heated gaze landed back on the Slytherin, he squirmed uncomfortably.

     "Well an apology should be made and I..." he started trailing off before shaking his blonde head, looking a bit lost on what he was going to say.

     I leaned back while crossing my arms over my chest and felt a very slight smirk spread across my lips. Harry had warned Ronald and I that Malfoy would most likely be seeking us out to apologize, but there's no way in all that is magical that I'd ever make this easy for the irritating Slytherin. Why would I after all the crap he's put me through over the years?