๑۞ 𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℑ𝔠𝔢 𝔔𝔲𝔢𝔢𝔫 ۞๑

"I don't like to be kept waiting," The tall silver-haired witch stated in a chilling tone that matched the icy blue of her eyes, and I shivered under the scrutinizing gaze.

     "It's been less than two months since the war ended; it's still too dangerous for us to be running around."  

     "I detest excuses," her long jewel adorned finger pointed to the papers spread across the massive black-walnut desk.

     I froze in shock, "Severus Snape lives!" The bold words kicked adrenaline into my system, and I shook my head in disbelief, "Voldemort said he had Nagini finish him. No one has ever survived that."

     "I realize the Prophet has its flaws in journalism; however, I made several inquiries, and Snape's recovering at St. Mungo's as we speak."

     "How?" I snarled out, resisting the urge to grab the paper and rip it to shreds while imagining it was Snape.

     "Hermione Granger." Disgust colored her words.

     I felt my hackles rise as well as my confusion, "Why would she help the likes of him?"

     The wizened blonde took a slow, steady breath, "That's an excellent question and one I expect you to find the answer to."

     "Yes, Madam, but couldn't we just finish what Nagini started?"

     "True, but he's a fine specimen."

     "You want to collect him?"

     Her eyes grew colder, "My plans for Severus Snape are none of your concern."

     I wasn't sure I approved of her choice to allow him to live, but who was I to question her? She'd made me a deal that I couldn't resist and had been the only reason I hadn't been caught and hauled to Azkaban for the rest of my life.

     "I'll get my girl on it, and we'll report anything we hear immediately, Madam."

     "Good." Her eyes went back to the papers, and she waved her hand slightly in dismissal.

     I exited the Mansion quickly and appereated to the forest. 

     I nodded to my second and third upon my arrival just outside our current base of operations where they'd been waiting for me to return.

     "What did the ice queen want?" my second asked.

     I snorted at the apt description of the cool woman before spitting out, "Severus Snape is alive."

     "You're kidding," the petite blond to my left squeaked out.

     I cocked an eyebrow at the usually silent female, "I wish I were, but it turns out Hermione Granger is responsible." I knew they'd react the same way I did so I continued before they began asking me questions I didn't have answers to. I looked deeply into the little white-haired girls blue eyes. "This is your specialty White Wolf," I nodded at her. "Go to St. Mungo's and keep me informed of all the newly resurrected man's movements." She nodded before apparating away.

     My second didn't bother to wait for me to tell him what I wanted, he always seemed to know my orders before I spoke them, "I won't let Granger out of my sight." He apparated away, and I wondered how this was going to play out.