°•Entry Ten•°

11/2/3470,
Fear Landscape,

Scarlet's House,     

I walked back to my room. The cold wind sending chills down my neck, as I contemplated Naomi's advice. More fun! I stood on the wooden platform and shot up into the trees. When I stepped off and went to my room,  I saw Jason sitting at the table looking very pissed. I walked over and pulled out a chair.

"Whats up?" I asked. He snapped his head towards me then his face softened to a smile.

"Its just camp stuff. One of the boys let some of our live stock out." He sighed. I pursed my lips and frowned.

"Oh. Who was it?" I placed my arm on the table.

"Taylor." He said in a low growl, making me giggle. I was quickly cut off though, when he suddenly picked up the knife next to him. He flung it at the wall, his wrist flicking expertly. It flew through the air spining with rage. And hit the wall perfectly on point.

"You have got to teach me how to do that!" I smiled. He walked over and pulled the knife out of the wall. Just at that very moment Raphael came through the door. He walked straight past us and plopped into my hammock. He gave me a boyish grin before closing his eyes.

"I have an idea. Since you and Raphael dont seem to get on like a house a fire. Raphael will we the one to train you had to throw knives and fist fight. I mean, after all we are in a fear landscape and you need to be able to defend yourself." He said while holding back a laugh. Raphael shot up with great speed and went to a smirking Jason.

"No." Was all he said. Jason erupted into laughter.

"As I rank higher than you I command you to teach her." He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back against the wall. Raphael looked horrified.

"You promised me you would never command me to do anything. And now, as soon as she comes into the equation, you give her all of your attention." He snapped.

"Are you, jealous?" I asked. Raphael  snapped his head in my direction and stormed over to me. Oops, probably should've left them to it. God damn me and my stupid mouth.

"And as for you-" he started. But Jason cut in.

"You do not involve her in this." He snapped. I didnt know what to do.

"Its fine. No one has to teach me to do anything." I said. Both heads turned to me.

"You will be taught by Raphael and that is final." He snapped.

After that Raphael stormed off angrily.

Jason just smirked at me, insisting that 'he would teach me, or God help him'. I laughed at his joking demeanour, but I was secretly worrying about mine, and Raphaels "friendship". Considering I was going to be spending the rest of my life with him, I should probably try and soften up my personality. One of us had to be the ice to our hot-headedness, and Jason couldn't do it for the both of us.

Well, unless I figured a way out. I didn't particularly want to live out the rest of my days with a grumpy Raphael, and only Naomi, who was thirty years older than me. I wondered if we were really the only girls, including Katie... I wanted to look into that too.

I carried myself into bed and tucked myself in. Raphael still hadn't come back, and it had been half an hour.

"Thanks for sticking up for me. I kinda needed it." I admitted. He smiled and rolled onto his side.

"No problem. Raphael can be a bit tough. He's great once he opens up though. I've had two long years to get to know him," He murmured. I curled up into a ball and let my eyes gently close.

"Scarlet?" I heard Jason whispered.

"Yes?" I answered back.

"I am glad you came. I mean it," he laughed. I could feel myself blushing. I didnt know how to respond. I hardly ever got complements. I smiled to myself and let my eyes close.

That was the first night I dreamt of Raphael. Well, I wouldn't call it a dream, to be honest. It was more of a nightmare. And not because Raphael was in it.

Oh no. It was so much worse.

By: DreamCatz and Darksky1910