°•Entry Nine•°

11/2/3470,
Fear Landscape,

City Fountain,      

I walked away again. Suddenly, I remembered I was meeting with the boys from the other cities. I ran to the centre, wincing when stones hit my foot. Eventually, I reached the square, and sat down by a small stream. A man walked past, and I asked where we were supposed to be meeting. Thankfully, he was polite, and happy to oblige, saying we were meeting at the fountain. I quickly rushed off, thanking him, letting the wind tug at my shiny locks.

Unfortunately, I banged into a pale boy with dyed red, spiky, hair, who looked around my age. I rubbed my throbbing ankle, letting him help me up, after he found his glasses.

"Sorry about that. Scarlet, by the way. I'm the new Glitzern girl, so I'm trying to meet up with the other initiates." I apologised.

"It's OK. I'm an initiate too, from Owelern. My names Taylor. Let's walk together?" He suggested. I realised he was the one Raphael had been with, but still smiled in affirmation, and we walked to the fountain, where two boys were sitting.

One was sitting on the edge of the fountain, and his dark locks were soaked, as was his chocolate skin, and green shirt. His name label read Matthew, Samei. He was observing the situation, and frowned slightly, when he saw us.

Ungrateful git. We were saving him from boredom, and stuck with the boy next to him. They were both silent, and I could tell they really didn't want to be there. I'm going to have so much fun here! Note the sarcasm?

The Mareng kid called David was a brunette, and his skin was caramel coloured. The scars on his face, suggested he was a brute. Just like all the other Marengs. I thought bitterly. I had to restrain myself from attacking his already beaten up face, and instead walked over to the lady, who was probably like a teacher, or some kind of other mentor.

Just like most Mareng citizens, she was also extremely tanned, and unlike me, had black hair in a braid, which reached the small of her back. Her face was smiley, and her grin widened even more, when she saw me. Probably thanking her lucky stars that there was another girl. She passed me a label with my name, and where I came from written on. She then cleared her throat, saying:

"Hi. I'm Naomi, and I'm here to introduce everyone. Yay for this!" She laughed sarcastically. Despite her being from Mareng, I liked her spunky attitude already.

"So, pale as a sheet, green eyes, is Scarlet. She's from Glitzern, and one of the female sex. Like me. Say hello Scarlet." She prompted sarcastically, making me giggle.

"Hewwo! Can I leave now?" I asked Naomi playfully. She shook her head, smirking, and I held back another choked laugh. "But everyone else is so... Umm..." I looked at the other boys, who looked unimpressed, and bit back a snarky retort. "Tall! Yes, tall. Tall people are scary! Heh. Heh." I grimaced.

"Scarlet, David, is shorter than you. Even if you said your cat was dying, I wouldn't let you leave. Actually, I take that back, I love cats. I have Mr Fluffers at home! Sorry, I'm getting off topic. So, Samei kid, who is for some reason wet, is Matthew. Being wet a tradition, in your hot weather?" Naomi smirked.

"No." He said dryly, unlike his clothes and hair. "Hello civil, glasses boy," Matthew smiled at Taylor, making him blush profusely.

"What did I do!" I exclaimed.

"You are just... Extremely annoying. I don't like Glitzern's, and you're just... Annoying," He murmured.

"Looks like we're all amazing at excuses, eh?" Naomi sighed. Finally,
Naomi quickly broke up the brewing argument, and moved on to swiftly introducing Taylor and Daniel.

"So. Now you known each other, please remember, where you came from, is not a place here. You're a captive. So, for example, a Samei and a Owelern is acceptable." She smiled looking pointedly at Taylor and Matthew, whose faces quickly warmed up. "Oh, and on the subject of romance, Scarlet dear, you should probably find a love interest soon. Not everybody is... Happy dating the same sex. So, you need to find yourself a man, so you're not harassed alot. I've been in your shoes. I quickly found myself a Glitzern boy, and we're now married, by the unofficial-but-might-as-well-be vicar. Good luck Sweetie. Now before I dismiss you all, remember to meet me back here, same time tomorrow. And Scarlet, where are you sleeping?" she smiled.

Gosh dammit, why do I keep getting called sweetie? I silently cussed.

"I'm with Jason and Raphael. Jason's lovely, but Raphael is quite-"

"Annoying? Harsh? Brash? I would know. I'm his Mum. I was ummm... going through some rough times, and became a brothel worker. And at one point... Raphael was born, and I was a teen mum." She sighed. All of the others had cleared off by now, so it was just us. "Don't worry, he'll warm up soon. As he probably told you, he's not a people person."

~DreamCatz and DarkSky1910