°•Entry Three•°

10/2/3470,
Glitzern,

Scientist's Hub      

Eventually the Scientist called my name, and everyone stared at me. It was like I was a test subject they had to examine. Scary as hell. When I wobbled all the way up to the basin full of paper, I looked the male host in the eye, challenging him.

He exhaled, calling my full name, making me cringe. "Scarlet Maria Moon." Scarlet after the nurse who'd helped give birth to me, and my Mum's name, Maria. Eventually, I plunged my hand in the sixth bowl, waiting for one to feel hot. The scientists said it should feel like a pinch of scorching heat on your hand.

Very quickly, one started giving off small blasts of warmth, drawing me towards it. I picked up the ink stained paper, and warily unfolded it, then passed it to the tall, wiry, man next to me.

He stared at it, his eyes widening in shock for a split second, before he composed himself again. I noticed though, and that was the important part. I gulped nervously, interlocking my fingers, taking long breaths. The man strode over to his lab buddies, and after much deliberation, he returned.

It was so silent, you could hear a literal pin drop. Nobody even dared to breathe. It was only a few seconds long, the wait, before he spoke my number, but it felt like an eternity. My legs shook, and I knew, I knew, that I should never have come. Should've listened to my Mother, and somehow skived off the ceremony. And then he spoke those three numbers in his horrible, nasaly, voice, that made my vision to fuzzy, and my throat feel like I was drowning.

"Six-six-six..." How interesting." He drawled rudely, making me want to shut my eyes. "Well girlie, follow me..."

" N-n-no! I won't let you!" I cried loudly.

"Either that, or we take you by force, brat!" Nasal-voice yelled.

"So be it..." I hissed.

" Fine Girlie. I'll pass this onto the serum workers, and they'll make yours the worst experience in your life! For you, and your traitorous mother!" He cackled.

"F-fine... Can I say goodbye..?" I whispered hoarsely.

" Hmm... After that act of defiance... No. Come on Girlie," Nasal-voice sneered, and I trudged behind him, holding back my sobs. 

***       

10/2/3470,
Glitzern,           

Six-six-six Laboratory,        

When I reached the "Six-six-six laboratory" he pushed me through the door, wiping his dirty, little hands off of me. Two ladies and a man were waiting, all in white coats.

The large lady with the tag reading Amanda, was dark skinned and grinning, just like my friend Abigail, whereas the other girl, named Christina, was the complete opposite: pale but just as smiley. The male was called Bruce and stood silently. As soon as they noticed me, Amanda beckoned me over, her smile dropping slightly at my dark expression. She quickly enveloped me in a big hug, and I breathed in the scent of her fruity perfume.

"It's okay to cry sweetie..." She murmured into my hair.

" I-I'm fine..." I mumbled.

"It's good to have a nice cry sometimes sweetie. Trust me." Amanda smiled.

" Really?" I hesitated, but Christina gave a nod, so I broke down. I let my pent up emotions out, all into Amanda's warm sweater. Christina walked over and put a spindly arm around me.

Eventually I coughed, and stood up, thanking the ladies. Amanda was right, a good cry helped. Christina tucked a now tear stained curly, blonde lock behind her ear, and rubbed her nose awkwardly.

"So, you're the next victim, eh Scarlet?" Amanda asked, testing out my name, that I'd told her whilst sobbing.

"Yeah..." I replied, wiping my eyes, and nose.

"Jeez, a girl this time! All the boys will be so excited. It's not like they have much to do, at least now they'll have the chance to do some activities involving a boy and a girl, maybe a bed, naked... Y'know?" Chrissy laughed.

" That's quite enough of that!" Amanda giggled, noticing my mortified expression. "I wonder who she would look good with though?" Amanda stage whispered.

"Maybe Jason, or Raphael..." Chrissy mused.

" Hey! " I cried. "Whatcha mean, boys?"

" You'll see Sweetie. You'll see... Come on now, there is no point putting it off any longer... " Amanda sighed, and I followed Bruce through the door he had been leaning on.

He gestured for me to sit in the ochre seat, that looked like a dentist chair. I slowly perched on the end, watching Bruce prepare the serum. It was common knowledge that the fear serum was clear, but mine was purple. I cocked my head, questioning the enigmatic liquid. Bruce simply blinked, twiddling a piece of curly, raven hair.

He wiped my neck with an antiseptic wipe, and I focused every single milligram of my attention on the feeling of the wipe, the smell of it, even the taste of it. After he finished he grabbed the needle, and slowly let it pierce my soft skin, whispering in a low, gravelly voice;

"Good luck Scarlet..."

~DreamCatz and DarkSky1910