Chapter 7

I was now doing a mad dash through the house to get ready . A quick shower and three outfits later , I was in almost done perfecting my look for the evening.

I decided on a tight , form fitting red dress that plunged down my back and had a sweetheart neckline .  I curled the ends of my long hair , allowing it to flow freely below my shoulder blades.  Only needing minimal makeup I quickly  applied my favorite red lipstick, mascara, and light foundation.

I only have  5 minutes before Eric arrives, he is never late.

Stumbling across shoeboxes and scattered shoes, I grab my accessories from the wooden jewelry box on my dresser . As quickly as I can , I hook  my  golden necklace with red ruby charm in the shape of a heart around my neck .

Sitting on the bed, I carefully put on the tennis bracelet Eric had just given me and a pair of killer black leather stilettoes . I was ready for anything in this dress.

A polite knock at the front door was my cue that it was time to go. Grabbing my keys, phone, and purse I headed out. My room was a mess but I would have to deal with later.

I opened the front door to find a handsome  Eric holding a bouquet of beautiful red tulips, my favorite flowers. He was wearing black Armani suit with a white button down top. A few of the top buttons were undone giving me a peek of his perfectly chiseled chest. His chocolate brown hair was neatly combed to the side .

Taking in my outfit he smiled revealing his dimples and exhaled ,"Hi".

He leaned and kissed me ever so gently on the  lips. His intriguing scent of a fresh ocean breeze filled my nostrils. Causing me to exhale slightly, wanting more.

"You ready?",he smiled handing me the flowers. The sight of his dimples was causing chills to run down my spine.

"Yes, let's go. " I replied playfully, trying to clear my head.

Walking past him I began to strut towards his all black Mercedes Benz. My heels clicked against the driveway and I could feel his eyes watching my every step. A low growl escaped his lips.

"God you're beautiful," he exhaled. His hazel eyes were now glimmering with lust . He opened the car door for me and then got in on his side.

" Still not telling me where we are going , Dr. Malone?" I asked. I was like a little kid when it came to surprises.

Placing his hand on my thigh , he shook his head no.

"Doctor's orders are for you to just relax and enjoy the evening." He stated , keeping his eyes on the road and rubbing my thigh.

Eric was a doctor of his pack, the Blue Crescent pack. Long gone were the days where all wolves lived in one pack house or small community . The pack house was basically used for pack meetings, providing medical care, and housing the alpha. The beta and warrior wolves lived in close vicinity to the pack house while the others were free to live in the city. Eric was a part of a team of pack doctors that would rotate shifts, although he was often on call in case of emergencies.

"Are you on call ?". I had to know if there was a possibility this night would be interrupted.

" I'm all yours tonight ", he said  looking straight at the road.

Yeah right. I've heard that before , too many times. Countless dates have ended with us getting our food to go or running out of  the movies before the previews  even ended. Of all the great things about Eric, this was one of his flaws.

"I'll prove it ", he states, obviously reading my mind. He takes his phone off his pocket and dramatically presses button to turn it off. He then leans over me and then drops the phone into the glove compartment  , slamming  it shut for emphasis.