Chapter 35

My grip on the door handle of this car can't get any tighter. Ever since Tom shoved me in this luxury vehicle and threw my luggage in the back, my hand has been glued to the door.

These grey skinny jeans offer no help in stopping me from sliding across the tan leather seats as Tom speeds along the road and makes sharp turns.

"Any reason you guys are flying?" I ask Tom as here veers into another turn, tires screeching in protest.

"Huh..Uhh nothing cuzz." He answers, green eyes not leaving the road. "Just trying to get you home, safe and soon."

Darius, the other pack warrior riding with us, grunts with disapproval as we cut another corner. His bulky frame barely budges while I have to grasp the cold, leather seat to remain in one spot.

"Bullsh.t" I respond, calling Tom out. "Don't lie to me. Not now ."

He doesn't respond, but glances up at me in the rearview mirror. Eyes scanning my face in uncertainty , before focusing back on the road.

His uneasiness sends a warning sign in my mind and my heart begins to race in panic. Are we being followed?

I turn to look out the back window but can only see the two Range Rovers trailing us. The other two are leading us, effectively sandwiching me in the middle.

We're being followed! My chest squeezes at the thought of the raven-haired man getting his hands on me. My eyes again search out the back window frantically.

"Just tell her pup!" Darius's voice booms , briefly interrupting my panic. My eyes avert back to the front of the car just in time to see Tom remove his gun from his hip and release the safety. Darius already has his gun in his hand.

"Look cuzz, someone has been following us ever since we left your house." He stops speaking an makes another sharp turn, barely missing a car parked on the corner. " The f.ucker is either really determined or really stupid because there is ten of us and only one of him. From the stuff in that letter, I'm willing to bet he is nuts."

I open my mouth to ask Tom more about the letter as he never told me exactly what it said but am cut off by Tom's stern voice, "Now I need you to sit back, shut your mouth, and let me get us out of here."

Suddenly a large voice booms from a radio attached to the dashboard. "Thomas! Darius ! Somebody pick up !"

Darius's large hands snatches the device , and he speaks into it. " This is Darius ! Talk to me!"

"Why do y' all have the mindlink blocked?!" The voice asks and Darius looks up to Tom in confusion.

Before he can answer , the voice speaks , " He is gaining on us, we can't shake him. I repeat we can't shake him."

The blood rushes to my ears and my body suddenly stiffens with panic. My eyes avert back to Tom, silently pleading him to come up with something. Anything.

"Tell them to do a paper jam . " Tom tells Darius. " I see an alley approaching in about 50 feet. "

Darius relays the message over the speaker just as I hear gunshots behind us. The world slows and I turn around to see a small, red car approaching us from the rear.

He is driving up the wrong side of the road, causing several oncoming cars to veer out of his path. I zone in with my wolf senses and see my worse nightmare. Raven hair , steel eyes, and a gun.

"Sh.it! Get down Jaden!" Tom yells, but my body is to numb with panic to move.

Suddenly Tom turns into the alley , flying through at a high speed . The Rover behind us squeals to a stop at the entry way of the alley, blocking the red car's path.