Chapter 6

"OH MY GOD!!!!!" Mya and I were both screaming to the top of our lungs as we pulled out of the driveway. The deal was done and we had sold our first million dollar property.

"I can't believe we did it !!" Mya yelled while stomping her feet and throwing air punches. "That commission check is going to be SICK!" she exhaled.

"And we have the Bandini's officially on our client list,"I added in a sing sing voice.

"Ughh, don't remind me." Mya stated, rolling her eyes. She clearly was still pissed about the whole picture situation.

"She was screaming like a maniac about some dumb dog picture. It took my all not to curse her snobby behind out. You know I will." Mya was fuming. I could practically see smoke coming out of her ears. My wolf was now a little aggravated with her dumb dog comment.

"What did you do with the hideous thing anyway?" Mya asked. She had her eyes  bucked and hands on her chest mocking Mrs. Bandini.

"I put it in the trunk, I decided to keep it. You didnt want it did you?"I asked,just to be polite.

"Be my guest, that thing gives me the creeps.Something about its eyes......" Mya's voice trailed off. She appeared to be in deep thought about something.Then her  mouth turned up into a naughty smirk.

"Happy hour?"Mya asked , with one eyebrow raised and a smirk on her lips.

"Happy hour." I agreed with a mischievous nod.

I turned up the radio just as 50 cent started to play.

"Go shawty its yo birthday, we gone party like its yo birthday, we gonna sip Bacardi like its yo birthday........"

This song was reminded me of my younger  carefree days. We were both singing and dancing along.Good thing I have dark tint because I bet we look like idiots .

I looked over to see Mya  doing something that look like a mix between the funky chicken and an army salute.

"What are you doing crazy?!" , I laughed. She looked ridiculous, but her face looked like she was concentrating.

"The nae - nae. Where have you been?" she giggled.

" More like the No - No . " I said waving my manicured finger."Don't do that sh*t in public.

She burst out laughing , we both had tears in our eyes. This was going to be fun .

**************************

After a 30 minute drive back to civilization, Mya and I hung out at  Sipsey's . It's an upscale bar complete with overpriced food, arrogant professional men, and awesome apple martini's. After a couple hours of laughing , drinking , and flirting Mya and I decided to call it a night.  We both had to get home to get dressed for our dates. Mya had a new flavor of the week she was giddy about. Eric had promised a night I would remember, so I was excited.

I was now headed home after dropping Mya at the office to get her car.  Cruising down the highway with the windows down listening to Adele sing "He Wont Go"  . I had taken my hair down out of the bun and it was now blowing freely around my face. The wind felt  refreshing and I was at peace in this moment.

I had finally made it  on my own, without the help of a mate or my pack. Years ago I left my pack  with the permission of my leader, Alpha Marcus Clay. I could no longer take the looks of pity I received from fellow pack members and my parents. I had to get away from the sorrowful thoughts that I would constantly hear thanks to the mindlink we all shared. As an older , unmated she-wolf I was looked upon as cursed or useless.

I had to get out and find my own way.  I was not a rogue , but was told I would always be welcomed as a member of my pack,the  Harvest Moon pack.

A single tear ran down my cheek as I remembered those moments. Leaving was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but it proved to be well worth it. I had become successful in my own right .I now needed to keep moving forward.

A smile crossed my lips as I wiped  the tear from my face.

My phone suddenly began to buzz in the cup holder. I pressed the bluetooth  button which allowed the call to play through the car speakers.

"Hi beautiful, " Eric  huskily stated ,"are you ready for tonight?"

"Not  quite, it would help if you could tell me where we are going?" I stated. I was now pulling into my driveway. I knew I would have to get dressed quickly.

"That would take the fun out of it.",he chuckled." Congratulations on your big sale today , by the way. "

I had stepped out of the car and was now trying to close the door softly so he wouldn't hear it . He was suppose to be pick me up in 30 minutes.

"How do you know it went through, I haven't said one way or the other?" I wondered.

"Because I know my lady. She is smart and a top notch business woman.Not to mention sexy as h*ll. " 

He was making me blush, he has always been supportive of me.

"But," he continued chuckling, " from the sounds of it , she is running late."

Busted. He must have heard my front door close.  I was now kicking of my shoes and heading for the shower.

"Not funny. I will see you when you get here." I stated. I really need to get off this phone.

"See you love . Where someting sexy for me, okay?" Eric replied , hanging up the phone.

"Always"