Chapter 23

An urgent,yet soft knock brings me out of my peaceful slumber. Eric is no longer laying next to me but the sound of a running shower tells me he's getting ready for the day. I stare at the door for just a second, before deciding to get up.

The hardwood floor is cold under my feet as I throw on my discarded clothes from last night.

Cracking the door I find Avery standing on the other side , I give a her  quick 'hi'. I'm shocked to see that she is fully dressed in her clothes and white lab coat. Her red hair pulled back in a sleek ponytail.

"Umm, Alpha Clay is here ..." . She glances down the hall quickly before meeting my eyes again. " He wants to speak with you two."

"About what?" I wonder out loud.

"I didn't ask, but he says its urgent." she half whispers with wide, worried eyes.

"Okay, just give us a minute ."  I tell her.

We were planning on visiting with Alpha Clay before leaving today , so I'm not so sure why he made the special trip here.

Glancing out the bedroom window , I notice the sky is still dark with just a faint line of orange peeking over the horizon. Looking around the room , I see our bags neatly stacked in the corner. I quickly search through my suitcase and dig out my toothbrush .

Heading through the in- suite bathroom door ,  I am met with Eric's bare chest . I drag my eyes from the delicious site of his glistening torso up to his frowning face. Water is dripping from his black hair down over his tightly clenched jaws.   I definitely didn't miss the towel hanging low on his waist.

"You're not going out there like that." Erics growls.

"Like what?" 

His eyebrows furrow and he frowns like he trying to find the right way to say something. "In those clothes.... ..without showering first."

 I look down at my clothes , trying to figure what is so offensive about them. Just a plain pink shirt and jeans.  Yes they are from yesterday , but  I only wore them for a few hours. Plus the ALPHA is waiting downstairs for us . You don't make Alpha Clay , or any Alpha wait to long. What has gotten into him?

"Excuse me?" I scoff placing a hand on my hip.

"You can't go down there like  that ,I won't have it. " . He seethes and I can tell his wolf if fighting for control.Stepping impossibly closing, his tall form towers over me.Leaning close to my ear, he whispers," The only person that gets to smell your sweet  arousal is me . " 

"Wow. "I whisper yell at him. " Why don't you pound your fist across your chest while you're at it!"

I don't have time to fight with him over something so barbaric, but I will. I walk past him  towards the  sink, making sure to bump him with my shoulder.  I hastily reach for the faucet, but Eric's hand gently wraps around my wrist. I refuse to look at him, snatching my hand away.

"Don't." Is all I can manage to say as I quickly brush my teeth . In the mirror, I can see his figure standing next to me. His face   frowning down on me.

"Go and shower. ...please baby."  The pleading in his voice causes me to look over at him . I am met with Eric's hazel eyes begging me to listen. 

" I will go out there and wait with him." He bargains.  I only respond with a nod and roll of my eyes. 

Clearly pleased with this , Eric places a soft kiss on my temple and mumbles a 'thanks' before leaving me to get ready.

I quickly shower and  dress in a pair of blue skinny jeans and yellow blouse . Nothing to fancy.