Chapter 24

"I just don't understand the point of getting married if you're not going to have a grand wedding." Mya rants. "At least you could have a wedding that includes, ME, your best friend."

"I'm sorry Mya, but Eric and I decided to just have a traditional wedding which only involves our families. Nothing big, nothing extravagant. Just us and family." I tell her for the twentieth time.

I didn't expect her understand or agree with the decision to have the wedding at my hometown in two weeks. I also didn't expect her to understand that she can't come to the wedding.

Her frowning face is almost enough to make me take back my words, but I just can't risk her finding out my secret.

Our secret.

It would also be pretty hard to explain the ceremony for creating the mate bond between Eric and me. She probably going to freak out if she sees a light emitting from my hands.

"But you are like my only friend and I was looking forward to wearing a hideous bride's maid dress." She pouts poking out her bottom lip like a spoiled brat." I wanted to be the one to slap the bridezilla out of you when you starting b.itching over beige vs. eggshell invitations."

She literally stamps her red Jimmy Choo pumps as she paces my office. I stand up from my black leather chair and walk around the desk to stand in front of her.

Her pleading and whining has been going on non-stop since I broke the news to her 30 minutes ago. That's after she threw a fit about me adding a new security system to the place without speaking to her first.

If only she knew that it was a surprise to me as well. The new security alarm, bullet-proof glass, and anti-theft doors were all courtesy of Eric. He had me to meet him at the office early to overlook the installation.

"I know, I'm sorry." I say trying to think of something to cheer her up. "You can still host my bachelorette party."

"I can?" A small smile starts forms across her cherry painted lips. I nod in response, returning her smile.

"Anyway I want?" her mood is brightening and I can almost see the wheels turning in her head.

"OH... sure. Yeah." I tell her but my mind is urging me to say no.

"That means you have to fully cooperate the WHOLE night. No complaints. "She says pointing her pink polished nail at me."Promise?"

"I don't -"

Placing her hand on her narrow hip, she lifts her arched eyebrow at me. "Promise. Now. "

"Okay, okay. I promise." I reply and she squeals like a little girl. "But it has to be this weekend, next weekend I'll be gone."

She looks a little too happy. An uneasiness takes over my stomach as a devilish smile forms across her face. "Is it going to be that bad?" I gulp." Like my 25th birthday bad?".

My mind winds through memories of table top dances, foolish dares, empty shot glasses, and massive hangovers.

"No." She smiles and I let out a breath in relief. "A lot worst. But fun." Mya tells me in a sing-song voice before quickly leaving my office.

I think I'm going to regret that promise, but how much stuff can she plan in a week?

The week goes by in its normal pace. Mya has agreed to take up most of the workload so I have time to plan for the big day.

I have spent countless hours on the phone and Skype with Mom and Avery going over specifics and ironing out details. The wedding will be next Friday evening at Town Hall. Anyone in my pack as well as Eric's pack can come, though I don't expect a large crowd. Dinner will be served after.

The bond creation will take place on Saturday night at the beginning of the Harvest Moon when my powers will be the strongest. Only my parents, Alpha Clay, Eric , and I will be present for this.

Planning is exciting and sometimes frustrating. I mean does it really matter if the table covers are beige or off-white . They are literally the same color, right?

Eric has managed to turn my house into a mini-fortress. Complete with security system, video surveillance, and bullet proof windows. I have insisted that it is not necessary but he sees otherwise.

At Alpha Clays orders we can't see each other for a week before the ceremony which means no pre wedding fun . According to him, this is a time for us to survey our feelings without the influence of lust, blah, blah, blah.

Whatever.

"I can't believe I have to go a whole week without seeing you." Eric's husky voice breathes in my ear.

Walking up behind me, he wraps his strong arms around my waist. Soft lips plant gentle kisses up my neck to my earlobe, stopping momentarily to graze it with his teeth. Leaning back into his naked chest, I close my eyes and enjoy his tender touch.

I pull my black silk robe even closer around my naked body and step away from him. A smile plays on my lips. "The things we just did, you should be good for at least a month." I tell him. My body is going to be sore in the morning from our last session.

But it was worth it.

He grunts and begins buttoning his blue shirt. The sight of Eric half-dressed looks like something off an explicit calendar. Shiny Stacy Adams. Black dress pants hanging open revealing his Calvin Klein boxers. Abs just above the v shaped muscles at his hips. Open shirt revealing his ripped, glistening chest. Dimpled smirk, messy black hair, gorgeous hazel eyes.

I shake my head to clear the naughty thoughts.

"Come on babe," I say while pushing him towards the front door," It's almost midnight. You have to go."

His belt buckle jingles as he tries to fix his pants. I keep pushing him towards the door, he has to go before midnight Friday morning. Alpha's orders.

"Okay, I'm going." He says as we reach the front door. Turning to face me, he gently kisses my cheek and then my lips. "I'll see you at the alter?" He asks, hazel eyes pouring into mine.

"I'll be there." I promise him. "Next Friday, 5 o'clock."

His eyes shift from me to door, and then land back on me. His eyes flicker with worry as a frown forms on his handsome face. "I'm going to miss the h.ell out of you." Eric's large frame towers over mine. "You know that right?" he says into my neck before planting warm kisses there. His warm hands roam down my back to my hips. Stopping momentarily, he loosens the tie on my robe.

I can only nod in response as his hands roam in opposite directions. One to tweak an eager nipple, the other to a more southern sensitive nub.

"What time is it?" he huskily asks. The warmth of his breath washes over my skin, leaving a trail of goose bumps.

Glancing over at the wall clock, I tell him."15 till 12." My breath is coming out in deep pants, it's so hard to make a complete sentence because of the things he's doing to my body.

"You have to... go," I plead.

He shakes his head in protest, continuing the delicious torture on my body. Gently nibbling on my earlobe, he whispers ,"Just 5 more minutes, baby."

*************************************************************************************

Author's Note

This chapter is dedicated to silverwolfclub who always leaves amazing comments . Thanks for your continued support.

CMechelle