Chapter 29

Kamar returned back to his castle to take care of matters there while Damarius and I stayed with my parents for a week to attend funerals. They were very hurt by what happened and I was just trying to comfort them the best way I could. I felt guilty for the deaths of their friends, even though I know it wasn't really my fault.

I tried my best to pay attention to the service but waves of anger kept washing over me, taking my attention to a very dark place in my mind. Damarius sensed my anger, I don't know if it was because of the new bond we shared or if my body was giving it away. I decided to get up and put enough distance between me and the people so no one could hear me talking to myself.

"God dammit, Kamar. This is all your fault! If you wouldn't have chosen me to be your stupid main whore my parents wouldn't be hurting right now."

I could feel my power tingling on my fingers and I shoved them deep into my coat pockets. It was cold, but there was no snow on the ground. I knew there would be plenty when I went back home to Colorado. That's if I was even going back. I didn't like not being in control of my life, and it only made it worse that now I was bonded to two demons instead of one.

The amount of power that I felt when they both touched me was almost unbearable. And the fact that I had sex with Kamar just to diffuse it pissed me off beyond words. My hands were clenched into fists as I thought of him and I could feel my eyes shifting.

"Vanessa?" Damarius asked as he came to stand beside me. I could feel tiny vibrations moving inside my body even without his touch. I dug my hands deeper into my pockets until I could dig my nails into the side of my leg. There was too much cloth to draw blood, and it was enough to make me irritable. I wanted something to take the edge off, even if it meant hurting myself.

"I should be comforting my parents but instead I'm standing here angry at your brother," I said through gritted teeth.

"Be angry with him when we get home."

"Home? You mean to his castle?" I replied, raising my voice.

"I know you are angry with him, but we cannot stay separated."

"And I will not be controlled."

"I'm not trying to control you, Vanessa. But once other immortals find out about the Devil's Triune, there will be a bounty on each of our heads. And because you were recently human, they will target the weakest one first."

I could feel my eyes completely turned to black and white as I slid my hands out of my pockets. I could no longer feel the cold wind hitting my face as a fire erupted inside of me as I looked up at Damarius. I stepped closer to him until my breasts were touching his stomach and took in a deep breath.

"I. Am. Not. Weak."

"I know, but they don't know that," he replied with a soft smile, and just like that, my anger started diffusing. I blinked a few times as my eyes turned back to normal and I glanced down to see his hand in mine.

"Why isn't it-"

"Because it's only us."

"But the vibrations I felt a few moments ago."

He lifted his other hand to caress my cheek. "That was your own power. Strong emotions will trigger those feelings."

I closed my eyes and rested my head against his hand for a few moments before responding.

"I don't know how to process any of this. I was on my own for years before I found you."

He put his hand underneath my chin and made me look up at him.