Chapter 13

I woke up in Kamar's bed and him and Damarius were standing over by the fireplace talking. It's like they could sense it as soon as I woke up because they both turned their heads as I opened my eyes. I sat up slowly and Damarius appeared beside the bed.

"How do you feel?" He asked as he reached out to touch me, and suddenly just his presence sent a burning wave of rage throughout my body. I immediately pushed him out of the way and locked my eyes on Kamar. He was the one that I wanted right now.

"Avery said you were asking for me," he said with a smile, but I wasn't happy. My body was full of rage and all I wanted to do was kill him. I reached up and grabbed him by the throat and dug my nails into his skin. A red light came off the tips of my fingers and into his skin and he let out a laugh.

"Someone has been playing with dark magick," he said with a laugh. He grabbed me by the wrist and forced my body onto the floor.

"Kamar!" Damarius yelled, quickly appearing beside us to pull him off of me.

"She's been bewitched. I can feel the magick coming off her body."

Damarius looked down at me as I squirmed on the floor. "Get off of me!" I was angry, so fucking angry. I reached up to grab him again and this time when my hand touched his skin I forced him to turn into his demon form. It caught him by surprise as his body shifted and he quickly moved off of me. His eyes were glowing red as he put some distance between us and I could see the anger that was running through me now running through him.

"What is that?" Damarius asked.

"A furorem potion. It's used to drive demons insane and shift into their demon forms." (furorem means anger)

"But why is she angry then?"

"Because she's waited too long to release it and now it's eating away at her."

I could see the worry on Damarius' face, but I still felt too angry to care at the moment. I let out a scream and tried to reach for Kamar again, but he moved his foot away.

"We've got to get it out of her."

"Do you want to kill yourself?" Kamar asked with his arms crossed over his chest. He was slowly turning back to his normal self and that beautiful cream skin was back.

"I won't let it hurt her." He reached down to grab me and pulled my body against his chest. His body immediately started to grow as his skin turned black. I wrapped my arms around him and could feel black fur coming out of his back. His body was growing so large I thought he was turning into a werewolf, but he didn't have a snout. I looked up to see two large horns coming out of his forehead and those bright yellow eyes looking down at me. He had to be at least 10 feet tall and his torso and arms were much bigger than a normal human body. He was so muscular as my hand touched his back and I could feel how solid he was. I ran my hands up a little higher and felt something coming out of his back. Wings? I tried to pull myself back but his arms were locked behind me so I couldn't move. I didn't feel that angry anymore and I could finally think clearly. I could see the veins in his arms beginning to bulge out as he continued to absorb the magick coming out of my body. I felt something wrapping around my leg and I looked down to see a tail. It had hair on the tip of it and gently wrapped around my legs as he held me. His legs weren't even human anymore as I studied their odd shape. They reminded me of Imp legs I had seen in books I read in college, or maybe even very large goat legs. He had large animal feet with long sharp claws. I had a small urge to rub the fur on his back but I was scared to touch him anymore than I already was. His arms were getting tighter around my back and I was starting to feel the pressure on my rib cage.

"Damarius, don't hurt yourself," I said to him, a little in shock by his demon form. He was so strong and it seemed like he was barely using any of his strength to hold me there. I looked up at him again and he had closed his eyes as if he was fighting a war inside himself.