Chapter 2

Damarius stood in my bedroom as he called Kamar and I went into the kitchen to make me a cup of coffee. It was already pushing 2 AM, but luckily I had the weekends off so I wasn't worried about not getting enough sleep. I grabbed my favorite black mug and watched the coffee pour into it as I took in its wonderful scent.

I sat at the bar as I sipped on my coffee, wondering what Damarius was going to do with the body. I was surprised by how calm I was taking this considering I just got attacked. The alcohol must still be buzzing through me.

"Hello?" I heard a voice say outside of my front door. "Are you all right?" It was a man's voice. Most likely my neighbor Alex who lives underneath me. He must of heard the fighting. I stood up to walk to the door but Damarius appeared in front of me.

"It's just the neighbor."

"Let me get it just incase it's not." He replied, and I gave a nod as I stood at the bar waiting for him to open the door.

"Um, is Vanessa here?" Alex asked as Damarius' tall frame stood in the doorway, blocking him from seeing inside. I began walking towards the door and peeked my head around him to see Alex looking more worried by the second. Alex was 5'10" and probably weighed 150 pounds. He had glasses and looked like he had been hitting the gym a lot more lately. He was wearing dark blue jeans with a blue hoodie and beanie. He was an attractive little nerd, and he was one of the nicest neighbors I had.

"Hey Alex, I'm sorry if I woke you. I had a little too much to drink and ended up falling in my bedroom," I said with a smile and rolled my eyes at my own clumsiness.

He didn't look like he fully believed me as he stared up at Damarius. I nudged my demon servant in the side so he would ease up on his death glare and the tension began to ease.

"Are you all right? It was really loud. I thought I heard you scream."

"Oh yeah. I just thought I broke a bone but I'm fine. Thankfully my boyfriend was here to save me from myself."

Alex looked really surprised then. "Oh, well that's good. I'll, uhh, go back home now. Glad you're all right."

"Thanks for checking on me! Sorry again for the noise!"

He gave me a wave goodbye as he walked down the stairs and I closed the door before letting out a sigh.

"Ok. What are we doing with the body?"

"Kamar wants me to burn it and he will send someone over to replace your carpet."

"How soon can he send someone?"

"He said he'll have someone here in the morning. But I can go ahead and take care of the body tonight."

"How will you carry her out without anyone seeing you?"

"I'll teleport somewhere that's secluded."

Damn I almost forgot that quickly that he could teleport. Maybe I was a little shook from the attack. I gave a nod and walked back over to the bar to finish my coffee. 

"Kamar has also reserved a room for you at The Gaza in town. I will take you there after I take care of her, so please pack your bag while I'm gone."

"The Gaza? That place is expensive! I can stay somewhere else until my room is cleaned. It shouldn't take that long."

"Kamar has already booked the room. I wouldn't want to disappoint him and go against his efforts to make you happy."

That's just weird to me. Why does he all of a sudden care about making me happy when he hasn't been around to even talk to me? He was really starting to piss me off. I didn't need any mixed feelings about him. I was deciding that I was over him, and I wasn't going to wait around for him any longer.